THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AVIATION FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Aviation    Have your 18 year old watch this when he gets his own F4-U.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Have your 18 year old watch this when he gets his own F4-U.
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 13978 | Location: http://www.tarawaontheweb.org/tarawa2.jpg | Registered: 03 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Throw me in coach I'm ready to fly!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm ready too !
I once read a description of Lindbergh's first landing on a carrier in a F4U !! Big Grin I wonder if a video of that is available ? For those who don't know ,Lindbergh was the most noted anti-war figure in the USA before the war .But when the war started he worked for an aircraft company and flew combat missions to find how aircraft handled in combat situations ! Eeker

One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Great historical footage!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What an aircraft,interesting way they did the film.I really enjoyed it. Bill

DRSS

Posts: 180 | Location: Vancouver Island/High Arctic | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TrapperP
posted Hide Post
Had a very good friend that flew one of these things very late in WWII and during the Korean condflict. I can stll hear him telling how he was a 19 yr old ensign sitting behind 2200 hp swinging a four bladed prop carrying 6 .50 cal guns and a rack full of rockets, then saying, "Man, I was somebody!" Pretty well sums up most all the fighter pilots I have ever known!
RIP, old warrior, we miss you!
Best regards,
trapperP

Posts: 3742 | Location: Moving on - Again! | Registered: 25 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
But when the war started he worked for an aircraft company and flew combat missions to find how aircraft handled in combat situations !

And had several kills to his name. He was a Col. In the Army Air Corps reserve.