One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted
Still the best yoke and rudder video!
Water bomber

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
Way cool! There are a few of those at the Bozeman, MT airport and part of a hull. Fun to see them maxing FPS on the climbout!

Posts: 1064 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Those Canadairs are really something to see. So is the Martin Mars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqYwqVqwDQQ

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi guys that’s real flying I flew all over the world retired on the B767 but the best job I ever had was water bombing.In the old days before the CL215/415. I did 5175 pickups and bomb runs,with the PBY. Adds up to 43,000,000 pounds of water.Great fun.
Take care. Bill

DRSS

Posts: 180 | Location: Vancouver Island/High Arctic | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Brady:
Hi guys that’s real flying I flew all over the world retired on the B767 but the best job I ever had was water bombing.In the old days before the CL215/415. I did 5175 pickups and bomb runs,with the PBY. Adds up to 43,000,000 pounds of water.Great fun.
Take care. Bill

Sounds like a great adventure! Hope all is well up your way. We miss fishing north of Bella Bella.

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Bill, you wouldn't have any "pitchers" or film would you? Flying water bombers is a dream for many of us. Cool

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16365 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Bill
I wish I did I’m a good pilot but terrible photographer,I was always say oh that would have been a good picture.I had a very interesting career and was thinking just the other day the only thing I would change would be to take more pictures.
Take care. Bill

DRSS

Posts: 180 | Location: Vancouver Island/High Arctic | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
43,000,000 ?

Posts: 20085 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
43,000,000 ?

Science

Posts: 551 | Location: utah | Registered: 17 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bill73
posted Hide Post
I worked on final assembly of the CL 215's back in the 80's.

DRSS

Posts: 2277 | Location: MI | Registered: 20 March 2007Reply With Quote