THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AVIATION FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Aviation    Only RC, but what a sweet note!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Only RC, but what a sweet note!
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Love the way this baby purrs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSTQ-yrLYC4

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
SWEET!

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4223 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This one's pretty amazing as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nzKPtQOzCg

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Love the radial engine.

Has anyone ever made a model radial that is double or triple row?

Posts: 7046 | Location: Sydney Australia | Registered: 14 September 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not think so, but Saito was offering a 9 cylinder several years ago for about $5000. They were, iirc, built to order.

I had a brief run with ducted fan jets in the 72 inch class about that time, and boy did those radials sound sweet. It's been close to twenty years now, and we still run up to an old airport every summer and watch them run. The new planes can be set to automatically make up to a 90-degree turn on autopilot. At 240+mph the real scale jet motors can get them to a different time zone very fast.

I quit when I came within 30 seconds of losing about six grand worth of plane. It would run close to 200mph, and we used to run them on the Interstate in relays. Cars with the same channel radios staggered about 5 miles apart. We lost battery, and luckily it was landed in the backseat of a buddy's '67 GTX ragtop with very minimal damage.

great clip guys, thanks.

Posts: 23062 | Location: SW Idaho | Registered: 19 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Dr. Lou
posted Hide Post
Flew RC for a very short time. Much rather watch others fly and crash. Love the jets and radial engines.

NRA Life Benefactor Member

Posts: 3313 | Location: USA | Registered: 15 November 2001Reply With Quote