Find
Notify
Tools

Sounds of a B-25
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Took this a few years ago at a warbirds weekend at McNary Field in Salem, OR, and it is nothing special. But if you like the sound of radials, hit the volume.

MVI_2025 by ComeWatson, on Flickr

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
Love those old radials.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I fell in love with the B25 Mitchell bomber when I was 13-14 years old. We have fire ants here in the south and the government used to spray them with mirex poison mixed with ground corn cobs. They used B25 bombers at low altitude and man those things were impressive. At tree top level, they were a sight you will not forget!

Shoot Safe,
Mike

NRA Endowment Member
www.Marionroad.com
www.mausercentral.net

Posts: 944 | Location: Middle Georgia | Registered: 06 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Mike, they were using B-17s and B-24s to deliver the old "borate" to wildfires in southern Oregon in the 1960s and early 70s. Another sight -- coming in low -- that you don't forget.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I've got a buddy in the Tx. Air Force (formerly the Confederate Air Force that had the name change due to P.C.) that restores these old warbirds. He sent me a pic recently where he is in a B-17. They were gonna do an air show in Burnet + a 30-minute ride was going to cost $150.00. Pretty cheap in my opinion considering the cost of fuel. The show is still on hold. Just think, my Uncle Harold got to ride in one for free as a waist gunner in war 2.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NormanConquest:
I've got a buddy in the Tx. Air Force (formerly the Confederate Air Force that had the name change due to P.C.) that restores these old warbirds. He sent me a pic recently where he is in a B-17. They were gonna do an air show in Burnet + a 30-minute ride was going to cost $150.00. Pretty cheap in my opinion considering the cost of fuel. The show is still on hold. Just think, my Uncle Harold got to ride in one for free as a waist gunner in war 2.

Define "Free"!

patriot