THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AVIATION FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Aviation    Foreign Ownership of Planes cloaked in Secrecy
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Foreign Ownership of Planes cloaked in Secrecy
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
This is nothing new.
Trusts and corporations have been used to obscure ownership almost since aviation registration in this country began.
I first used trusts for aircraft, watercraft and other items in the 1970's. (and continue to do so).

The "outrage " over this is much ado about nothing IMO.
Much like most of the other "news"- is for outrage effect

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Angus Morrison
posted Hide Post
Agreed, likely 99.99% of those aircraft are held in trust for no nefarious reason, but rather because rules make it more practical. Heck my outfitting operation holds my plane too, which is essentially what is happening here, because it makes tax sense. Somebody sniffed a headline maker in the small town media and ran with it.

Posts: 534 | Location: Northern British Columbia | Registered: 06 June 2015Reply With Quote