THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AVIATION FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Aviation    an excellent emergency landing
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

an excellent emergency landing
 Login/Join

Picture of jeffeosso
posted
https://www.bbc.com/news/av/wo...anding-in-costa-rica

I wasn't PiC, so my comments aren't meaningful .. i MIGHT have cut and feathered to props before landing, but this guy saved his passengers, and used the plane to do it...

it's rebuildable, and likely will be back in the air soon

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38462 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice carrier landing. If he was concerned about the landing gear not being down and locked, creaming it onto the runway certainly wasn't going to help the situation.

Lucky

When I first saw the video I was going to congratulate the guy for landing without power considering his sink rate. Then it was clear there was a landing gear issue. He apparently wanted to get the A/C on the ground and out of there as fast and as hard as he could. He definitely stuck the landing.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Nice carrier landing.
Lucky

No shit. (Forgot to put his hook down tho....)
clap

Posts: 296 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 13 April 2017Reply With Quote