Find
Notify
Tools

50 Years of Fun
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi guys
This month marks 50 years flying professionally.Fourty Two in the arctic,started north again from Penticton BC with the old Beaver on July 2nd across the main range of the Rockies to Fort St John for fuel then on to Yellowknife for the night and fuel.July 3rd on to Cambridge Bay,Nunavut on Victoria Island.Arctic ocean solid ice,lakes just open on edges going to be interesting next week or so until things open up more but great fun at the same time.At least I don't have to swelter in the heat down south.Will be southbound early September when the freeze up forces use out.
Hope everyone has as good a summer as I intend to.Capt W J (Bill)Brady Ret.(sort of)

DRSS

Posts: 180 | Location: Vancouver Island/High Arctic | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rusty
posted Hide Post
Congratulations, Bill!

Rusty
We Band of Brothers!
DRSS, NRA & SCI Life Member

"I am rejoiced at my fate. Do not be uneasy about me, for I am with my friends."
----- David Crockett in his last letter (to his children), January 9th, 1836
"I will never forsake Texas and her cause. I am her son." ----- Jose Antonio Navarro, from Mexican Prison in 1841
"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man." Thomas Jefferson
Declaration of Arbroath April 6, 1320-“. . .It is not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself.”

Posts: 9797 | Location: Missouri City, Texas | Registered: 21 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Palmer
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Bill. That is a lifetime to be proud of. Keep it up.

Anyone that can keep their medical that long has been living right.

ALLEN W. JOHNSON - DRSS

Into my heart on air that kills
From yon far country blows:
What are those blue remembered hills,
What spires, what farms are those?
That is the land of lost content,
I see it shining plain,
The happy highways where I went
And cannot come again.

A. E. Housman

Posts: 2251 | Location: Mo, USA | Registered: 21 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
congrats on a great career....Just passed my 40th year of flying for a living, should catch up in just a few more years dancing

Posts: 1610 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Congratulation to you one and all for long careers in the air.

How many have set back and guesstimated the number of miles covered during that time?

Especially to Bill Brady . . .

And in a Beaver too.

One of a very short list of aircraft I would love to fly in.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4227 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Guys
I have often thought of trying to figure out the mileage,the only thing like that that I have done is I dropped 43,000,000 pounds of water when I was waterbombing the fires,that is 5175 bomb runs in the PBY.
Take care Bill Brady

DRSS

Posts: 180 | Location: Vancouver Island/High Arctic | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's a long time congrats. I'm on like 25 but it's been a rocky 25 LOL

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2846 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Grenadier
posted Hide Post
What a milestone! I'd say something corny like "may the wind be always at your tail" but I know the only reason you're still flying is because you don't like going through TSA checkpoints as a passenger. tu2

Posts: 10900 | Location: North of the Columbia | Registered: 28 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Jamie
Good to hear from you.You are right about TSA and the tailwind I can always hope.Sitting in Cambridge Bay,Nunavut wind has been hawling out of the north for two days I hope it's still a good tailwind when I and southbound in a couple more days.
Take care Bill

DRSS

One of Us
Picture of Angus Morrison
posted Hide Post
All the best Bill! Hanging up the headset, for the moment at least? Hope you had an enjoyable year.

Posts: 534 | Location: Northern British Columbia | Registered: 06 June 2015Reply With Quote