Oshkosh 2017
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Excellent, thanks for sharing.

Posts: 138 | Location: Montgomery, Texas | Registered: 13 December 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TCLouis
posted Hide Post
Thanks foe sharing great pictures.

2016 or 2017?

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4223 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of waterrat
posted Hide Post
WOW,,,Great Pictures,, thanks for sharing!

I tend to use more than enough gun

Posts: 1407 | Location: lake iliamna alaska | Registered: 10 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi guys
Great pictures thanks for sharing.
It is 2016 that's when the Mars was there.
Take care Bill Brady

DRSS

Posts: 180 | Location: Vancouver Island/High Arctic | Registered: 04 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Oshkosh is in a league of it's own, no doubt about it.

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Bucket list show.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16306 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Thanks much for the GREAT pictures.

"It's a good day for something"

Posts: 319 | Location: S E Wisconsin | Registered: 15 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only in Wisconsin......
If I remember correctly I was at Oshkosh in 73. My Father and I flew his Cessna 180 there and had a great time together talking about the various aircraft he flew during WWII. At one point during our visit we watched a Luscombe take off only to have an engine failure a hundred feet or so off the deck, we watched as the Luscombe landed straight ahead go into the over run and in the soft grass gently tip over on its prop. The Pilot climbed out waved to say he was OK and proceeded to drag his airplane by the vertical stabilized with the help of a few off to the side. A month or two later whilst reading an AOPA magazine the Luscome incident was mentioned, compliments were handed to the pilot for a job well done handling the engine failure, also mentioned in the article was that the pilot escaped injury because he had installed a 5 point harness and that he was wearing a Foam Cheese Head hat with his David Clarks built in......
Only In Wisconsin

Posts: 1607 | Location: Vermont | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of BaxterB
posted Hide Post
Awesome pics.

Saw the comment on your great uncle flying the hump. Did you ever hear him talk about Peter Goutierre? My uncle Harry was great friends with Peter. After training at Pan Am in Miami in 42, Peter flew the hump and Harry flew across Africa with Pan Am Africa.

Those fellas had some stories...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
All amazing flying machines and people as well.

Posts: 1050 | Location: S.Charleston, WV | Registered: 18 June 2012Reply With Quote