THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AVIATION FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Aviation    Search Underway for Marine Pilot Who Ejected Near Japanese Coast
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Search Underway for Marine Pilot Who Ejected Near Japanese Coast
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
A friend of mine. Don't know any more details.

He had a wing man. Why would it take SAR this long to find him.

http://abcnews.go.com/Internat...=44031491&yptr=yahoo

NRA Benefactor
TSRA Life
DRSS
Brno ZP-149 45-120 NE

Posts: 937 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: 09 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A fishing club friend of mine who was a charter boat captain was lost with his boat 10 years ago. They started to take on water and he ordered abandon ship to life rafts and flotation devices. His mates and clients were saved. Despite a GPS location he was never found. His sons searched for him for two weeks. Shit happens. I understand your feelings.

Posts: 3666 | Location: SC,USA | Registered: 07 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
ELeeton;the article doesn't report whether the wingman had contact with your friend after he was in the water. If still alive after an ejection and after getting your flotation squared away the next priority would be to contact your wingman on your portable radio. In addition, there is an emergency transmitter in the seat pan which broadcasts a locator signal on Guard freq and they haven't mentioned that signal either. It's a big ocean and a little man; give it some time.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
And still no word.

Sad news.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A7drvr

I guess I figured in today's world of tech that it wouldn't really be a search but rather "fly to the beacon".

His CO didn't really offer any more details than those provided in the article.

NRA Benefactor
TSRA Life
DRSS
Brno ZP-149 45-120 NE

Posts: 937 | Location: Corpus Christi, Texas | Registered: 09 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just heard that SAR found his body at 0430. I expect more details about the incident will follow.

NRA Benefactor
TSRA Life
DRSS
Brno ZP-149 45-120 NE

One of Us
posted Hide Post
RIP, Marine.

We are diminished. Where do they find such men?

Semper Fidelis!

Posts: 1082 | Location: MidWest USA  | Registered: 27 April 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes he has been confirmed dead .
salute RIP salute

One of Us
posted Hide Post
salute

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote