New
Find
Notify
Tools

Touch and go no gear!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 274 | Location: GREENVILLE SC | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Oooops. shame

I know I am forgetting something I know I am forgetting something. Let's see carb heat, cowls open, mixture set, trim set, flaps set, pitch set, speed check. Nope all looks good. Awww, who the hell needs a checklist anywho, I've done this a thousand times. Hey, does anyone else hear like a grinding noise...

O-B-U-M-M-M-P-F-F-I-T-C-H-H

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now, both engines have to be torn down and inspected. That should eat up most of $20k. Also, props and prop controls will have to be replaced.
Expensive mistake.

(What's that horn blaring for, and why are all those lights blinking. Oh well, I'll just finish this text …)

Posts: 382 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And don't forget the paint and a few ounces of aluminum he left on the runway. Most of that will buff out I bet.

Ain't flying fun!

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And most likely a new pair of pants and new upholstery for the pilots seat! shocker

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I wonder if his license was pinched? Permanently?

Posts: 274 | Location: GREENVILLE SC | Registered: 27 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can actually crash a few times before your license is yanked - assuming no one died and even then if you have a good excuse, the FAA will not act too aggressively.

We had a guy here in Georgia that just crashed his 5th aircraft and he's still threatening to continue flying. Of course he doesn't have too many willing passengers...

One of Us
Picture of f224
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
You can actually crash a few times before your license is yanked - assuming no one died and even then if you have a good excuse, the FAA will not act too aggressively.

We had a guy here in Georgia that just crashed his 5th aircraft and he's still threatening to continue flying. Of course he doesn't have too many willing passengers...

There was a doctor in Minnesota who crashed his Stearman several times and routinely violated the FAR's and was still flying last time I heard.

The Aerostar pilot will soon find out it would have been cheaper to just accept the "slide" and let his insurance cover the damage than to have gone around and landed elsewhere.

Captain Dave Funk
Operator
www.BlaserPro.com

Posts: 839 | Location: Dallas, Iowa, USA | Registered: 05 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I see the pilot claims it was a botched go-around.

Posts: 179 | Location: South of Anchorage | Registered: 21 January 2012Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
oh my .. i bet there's a new hole ripped out of the seat

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38458 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I bet there is something else in that seat besides that hole.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Had a neighbor, flying farmer , that did a no undercarriage landing at their Saskatchewan farm, earning him the moniker, Wheels Up Morgan. WinkGuy flew well into his eighties, rumor was he never got a license.

Grizz

Indeed, no human being has yet lived under conditions which, considering the prevailing climates of the past, can be regarded as normal. John E Pfeiffer, The Emergence of Man

Those who can't skin, can hold a leg. Abraham Lincoln

Only one war at a time. Abe Again.

Posts: 4211 | Location: Alta. Canada | Registered: 06 November 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
isn't he just making matters worse by taking it back up?

I was first on scene to a crash where the pilot had taken off with a prop he had recently damaged and did not get checked.

Prop came off very soon after take off and he crashed through the roof of a nearby building.

Watched him burn to death and not a thing I could do about it.

One of the worst shifts of a 33+ year career.

shane

Posts: 1464 | Location: Southwestern Idaho, USA!!!! | Registered: 29 March 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Toomany Tools
posted Hide Post
IMO he compounded a major mistake with incredibly bad decision making. He risked his life for the sake of the aircraft and in my world little could be more foolish. Once he realized he'd forgotten the gear he should have cut the engines and rode it out on the ground.

John Farner

If you haven't, please join the NRA!

Posts: 2936 | Location: Corrales, NM, USA | Registered: 07 February 2001Reply With Quote