THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AVIATION FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Aviation    How does F-35 differ from Adir version?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How does F-35 differ from Adir version?
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Every so often I read an article in semi- or pseudo-technical aviation magazines about the F-35. Without exception it is described as a gutless, poorly armed, unreliable machine.

Recently, I have read a two articles in online aviation web sites reporting that [apparently??] the Israeli Air Force has taken possession of a small number of F-35s and customized them as Adir. Included have been their unsubstantiated reports that between one and three of these Adirs has circumnavigated air base to Tehran, done photo reconnaissance - without the stealth aircraft being detected by Iran or any flyover country, and without refueling during the flight.

If this flight by the Adir version of the F-35 achieved this, how was it done and why is are American version unable to achieve a comparable level of performance?

I believe the operant of my query is "if."

It's so simple to be wise. Just think of something stupid to say and then don't say it. Sam Levinson

Posts: 1497 | Location: Seeley Lake | Registered: 21 November 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It can do that no problem that’s what it is designed for. Stealth. Visual air to air is what some say it may be lacking. As for computer power and stealth it’s fantastic for sure. Israel used them operationally to do missions beyond recon recently....

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2846 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With Quote