THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AVIATION FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Aviation    Compelling tribute especially for former military pilots
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Compelling tribute especially for former military pilots
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
“Trust me...you do NOT want to pass on this video! This old fighter pilot gives a non-stop museum-quality 50-minute reflection on the nature of flying P-47's in WWII France. It is a truly fascinating and engaging presentation........ Watch it...start it, stop it and go back to it...but see it to the end! Believe me...once he starts talking, it's very easy to remain riveted to this stories.

When you have 50 minutes to spare, watch this video, especially former military pilots.! ! One of "The Greatest Generation" will fascinate you about his exploits in WWII.

This is truly awesome, worth every minute... watch / listen to this man. Wish I could meet him in person.! I just spent about an hour of my time to listen to this bright and humorous 90+ year old tell stories about his time with the P-47 in WWII. This fella does not stop and all his memories are presented in a top notch manner. I hope you have time to view it. This is without a doubt the best I've heard from an 'old timer' that's 'been to hell and back'.

I watched the whole video. He was 90 at the time he did this video two years ago. Quite a bright and articulate man. Must have been a great pilot. God sure was protecting him in his missions. You can’t help not liking him and his story.”

https://youtu.be/Lo_irQ9bjzU

https://youtu.be/Lo_irQ9bjzU

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of model7LSS
posted Hide Post
Awesome! patriot

Auburn University BS '09, DVM '17

Posts: 603 | Location: Selma, AL | Registered: 16 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Thanks xgrunt. One of my late uncles was a P-47 crew chief. He loved that big bird.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16347 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Singleshot03
posted Hide Post
A great storyteller and very informative. The time went by quickly. thanks for sharing.

Jim

Posts: 1493 | Location: Cincinnati  | Registered: 28 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
Charlie was a great guy.
He has been gone about 6 years as best I recall.

He was a jewel in his work at Frontiers of Flight.

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
Thanks xgrunt. One of my late uncles was a P-47 crew chief. He loved that big bird.

This man was my friend and one of the good ones. https://valor.militarytimes.com/hero/31561

Posts: 8274 | Location: Mississippi | Registered: 12 April 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
What a guy to know!

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16347 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote