Who loves a Galaxy?
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted
Such a graceful ship!
Here's a really short takeoff:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uPiD1KlwHU

And a long one, heavily loaded on a hot day. Note in the comments one C-5 pilot had an 11,000-foot rollout before liftoff with a cargo of 840,000 pounds!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gpqEfDjtB0

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I agree!

td hours near me

Posts: 20083 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Oh, a wise guy!

– John Green, author

Posts: 16352 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
YUP! A really short take off!!!
Peter.

Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong;

Posts: 10505 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: 09 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Todd Williams
posted Hide Post
As exciting as watching paint dry!

clap

Sorry, as a former Hornet driver, just couldn't resist. As is seen in one of our member's tag line, Will Rodgers never met a fighter pilot! Most of us fighter types are proud of that comment!

rotflmo

Cool

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey, I resemble that remark!
- Mike

Posts: 296 | Location: Colorado, USA | Registered: 13 April 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I'd give a kidney to do a simple up and back in a fighter. Might be hard to find a fighter jockey willing to take a civilian for a short ride without trying to make him barf, though. Wouldn't be a challenge with me, as I can get seasick standing on a dock. No fun at all.

hilbily

– John Green, author

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
I'd give a kidney to do a simple up and back in a fighter. Might be hard to find a fighter jockey willing to take a civilian for a short ride without trying to make him barf, though. Wouldn't be a challenge with me, as I can get seasick standing on a dock. No fun at all.

hilbily

Better hurry up; NGAD fighter might be unmanned.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Hear you. We train MQ-9 pilots here at Holloman AFB.

– John Green, author

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Another nice C-5 takeoff in the rain, Gander.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQHtskG4jjQ

– John Green, author

One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Like Elephants doing.....WHAT??!!

Actually the C-17 is a lot more impressive....but my favorite is the HERC- C-130 with JATO rocket assist!!
Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 2557 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jkingrph
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Yes, I agree!

td hours near me

I had one of those my last couple of years of college. It had been the personal car of a Ford salesman whose primary job was selling big trucks back when they had them. He liked hot cars so had his Galaxy XL ordered with a 390 Police interceptor engine. Dad and I found out about the engine version when we went to have spark plugs changed and a general tune-up. That baby would scream.

JJK

Posts: 299 | Location: E. Texas, NE Louisiana | Registered: 10 September 2006Reply With Quote