New
Find
Notify
Tools

F-22 vs SU-30 vs F-15
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Sorry about the ad. This seems to be the definite word on F-22 vs SU-30 vs F-15. Briefing given by an F-15 Fighter Weapons School guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA1mZF3FQhc

Posts: 3701 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At the end of the day the advantage is generally the capability of the guy up front. Stealth and technology is neato, but the deciding factor in air superiority is command and control and the quality of the pilot in the air. Other countries have cool technology and very advanced capabilities that match well with the US. But the difference is the ability to integrate all your cool technologies into a cohesive fighting force and the US does that substantially better than anyone else.

Just Remember, We ALL Told You So.

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Similar technology except out stuff is more reliable AND we have Gen V......

The video does indeed put to rest the idea that the Indian Air Force can hold their own against the USAF. Turns out the Indian AF fighter instructors can hold their own with our newbie fighter pilots......

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep

Posts: 22442 | Location: Occupying Little Minds Rent Free | Registered: 04 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Another little fun fact:

Number of SU-30s built (so far) - 540

Number of F-22s in service - 187

Number of F-15s in service - 254

coffee

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We need another 500 F-22s and complete redesign on the F-35.

I don't remember your background, but did you follow what the guy said about what happens to these jets when they get into the vectored thrust?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes. Neato air show performance turns vs turning and burning within visual range combat. Energy management and experience is what saves your ass. Plus a neato Gen III Helmet Mounted Display System with an all aspect AIM9-M doesn't hurt either.

And I agree the F-35 needs to be scrapped and reworked. Talk about an energy bleeding pig. If you are within visual, be prepared to grab the ohshit handle and hope your seat doesn't kill you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When I first saw the "cobra maneuver" by a Russian jet and all the associated hoopla, I remember thinking how that was fine for an airshow but it would get you killed in combat.

I would like to see the F-22 with IRST capability and long range AAMRAMs (AALRAMs?).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Opus1:
Another little fun fact:

Number of SU-30s built (so far) - 540

Number of F-22s in service - 187

Number of F-15s in service - 254

coffee

The F15 line is open for biz. Write yer congressman and tell him 40 year old tech is a better way forward than sorting the F35.

Posts: 4828 | Location: IN YOUR POOL | Registered: 10 December 2015Reply With Quote