New
Find
Notify
Tools

outdoor channel poacher
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
ill Busbice of Outdoor Channel and A&E's "Country Buck$" has been fined $23,000 and given a suspended jail sentence for poaching in Wyoming.

The October incident took place on Spring Creek Ranch, a property owned by the "Wildgame Nation" star, Billy A. Busbice Jr.

Busbice was caught when Kemmerer Game Warden Chris Baird was told by other hunters of an odd hunting incident.

The hunters told Baird they saw a man filming a hunter who shot two elk.

Baird said he met with Busbice, who admitted to having accidently killed a calf elk while trying to harvest a large bull.

Busbice had all of his game and fish license privileges revoked for two years, including in his home state of Louisiana.

Posts: 13439 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've watched one of his hunting shows and that was enough. Trying to hide the elk and still shooting the big bull makes this guy seem like a self entitled rich prick who got what he deserves!

What an a hole!!!

Posts: 621 | Location: Manitoba, Canada | Registered: 10 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seems like a segment on the shows about evils of circumventing hunting laws/regulations would have bee good as well as some community service on public hunting lands.

NOT knowing his real financial status, but 23 grand may be too easy to just pay off.

Don't limit your challenges . . .
Challenge your limits

Posts: 4223 | Location: TN USA | Registered: 17 March 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
$23,000 pretty stiff for a game violation anywhere for a calf elk! Figure that by the pound!! Big Grin However, I don't feel sorry for him getting caught with his hand in the cookie jar..He sets a terrile example for the kids that watch his show, hope the TV boys dropped him in the grease!

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
bet tv network paid his fine.then dumped him

Posts: 53 | Location: oklahoma | Registered: 29 December 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
He is not the first, I recall some archer that had a wall full of huge mule deer some years ago and turned out he was hunting in the Winter feed grounds for mule deer..Sure easy to shoot a big one there...He should have been stringhaulterd and gilflurted, I think he was to the best of my memory..It was in one of the outdoor magazines..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 41763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I hope I never have to be gilflurted.

Posts: 1066 | Location: Mentone, Alabama | Registered: 16 May 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I first read it as girlflurted and was ready to sign up for it. Don't know what gilflurted is--wasn't in my dictionary.

Posts: 3797 | Location: san angelo tx | Registered: 18 November 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is why I don't watch fake shows. Unfortunately human nature and glory and a quick buck totally undermine ethics fair play and sportsmanship. Having been around some of this I know how "fake" many shows are. Always successful, always a trophy, always a one shot kill. Editing and staging is the name of the game, and cheating. And people believe that crap. I think girlfluting may be to nice for these pricks. Just my opinion of course

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2840 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
The kill the animal, then do the show in most cases, I have seen that, they drive out shoot the Bison or elk..then do the stalk etc..not all Im sure but some do it..Nothing illegal about it, but it just didn,t set right with me.

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120