New
Find
Notify
Tools

Takeri Anti-poaching team
 Login/Join

posted
Hi all
I am very pleased to see a forum on anti-poaching - this is what is killing Africa and our biggest challenge at Takeri. I employ 9 scouts and at any one time have two teams in the field. I am registered with ZAWA (Zambia wildlife authority) and an hon. wildlife police officer and so are most of my scouts. 4 weeks ago with the help on informers we arrested 2 men and confiscated 5 illegal firearms - once I get the hang of this I will try and post some photos of the firearms confiscated - they included a .303 .22 and hand made muzzle loaders. Our biggest challenge we face is the very light sentencing that the suspects are given - for this it was a mere $80 fine!!
I look forward to meeting other members and contributing where I can
cheers

Professional Hunter
Private Game Reserve in Zambia
www.takerireservezambia.com

Posts: 19 | Location: zambia | Registered: 29 November 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Patsy:
Good for you!
Too bad you can't just shoot 'em and drive off!

Good luck and stay safe!

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
unless patsy beats me to it i will also try and put some of the photos on, but at the moment its defeating me.........cheers mike

Posts: 81 | Location: uk and zambia | Registered: 27 December 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post