THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified - FIREARMS ONLY    SOLD-Steyr Mannlicher Full-Stock Carbine 7mm Mauser $795
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SOLD-Steyr Mannlicher Full-Stock Carbine 7mm Mauser $795
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This is a cool little Mannlicher carbine chambered in the classic 7mm Mauser caliber. I don't know the history of this gun, but it looks like someone fit the action into a different stock at one time, as one can see small shims and inlets to make it fit. The double-set triggers work well, and the rifle comes with an older Leupold 3-9x40 with fine crosshairs, probably before they developed their Duplex reticle. I'm not sure how the wing safety works with the scope in the way...perhaps he carried it with an empty chamber. Not perfect, but a nice little woods carbine.

$795 + $25 shipping

Posts: 17563 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Beats $1,600-$2,200 for a perfect one!

Posts: 17563 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
The metal looks remarkably like a 1903 but in 7x57. Hmmm. Does it have the 17.5 bbl?

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 11250 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, 17 1/2" barrel.

one of us
posted Hide Post
thats a rather nice little rifle - i imagine you had to trade 8 or 9 blasers for it Smiler

Posts: 12980 | Location: faribault mn | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Or 35 Mossbergs!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Would you sell the scope mount and rings seperate? If so how much?

Posts: 925 | Registered: 25 December 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good price on that one.

I it a 7x64 or a 7x57?

Every Schoenauer I saw in Germany was a 7x64. I can't remember how they were marked, but it was confusing.

Posts: 5701 | Location: Southern New Mexico, land of Green Chilie  | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll run a few 7x57 cartridges through it, just to be sure. I see that it also has the base mount for a receiver sight.

Mike, if someone wants the rifle bare, to use metallic sights, I'll let you know.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ok thanks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
OK, Thankd

one of us
posted Hide Post
Beibs, I sent you a P.M.

Posts: 11250 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
BTW, before you run any 7X57 s through it make sure it's not the 6.5 X 54 M/S

one of us
posted Hide Post
Got it.... thanks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I sent you another P.M.