THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified - FIREARMS ONLY    FS: Pete Grisel custom DSB small ring Mauser
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FS: Pete Grisel custom DSB small ring Mauser
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Stocked by Maurice Ottmar.

22" tapered round Douglas barrel. French walnut stock with Grisel swivel studs, classic Fleur de lis pattern, 26 LPI checkering wrapping fully under the forend, Fisher steel pistol grip cap, beaded cheekpiece, and chechered steel trap-door buttplate.

Pete Grisel Mauser 98-type action of 4142 steel with double squarebridges, jeweled bolt, 3-panel checkered bolt knob, Mauser 98-type bolt stop, FN Mauser-type cocking piece with Model 70-type 3-position safety, Blackburn trigger, and hinged straddle floorplate with release inside triggerguard. Leupold VX3 3.5-10x with CDS scope with duplex reticle on Grisel custom one-piece rings fitted directly to receiver squarebridges without separate bases.

Length of Pull: 13 3/8". Weight: 8lbs on the nose, with scope!

.270 Win, 22"bbl.

The rifle is #29 of 50 made by Grisel, barrel is marked M. Ottmar, gunmaker.

Rifle shoots 130 Partitions 3/8" at 3100fps as measured by my LabRadar.

$6150 shipped and insured to the lower 48 bia USPS Priority mail.

I will include a copy of my driver's license for your FFL.

Pics are available by text message, PM with phone number.

If someone would care to post photos I'd be happy to send them.

Thanks for looking all.

Doug

Posts: 821 | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Griesel and Ottmar? Can't do much better than that!

Posts: 17548 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please send pics to tniegel@kernuttstokes.com
Thanks!
Terry

Posts: 4 | Registered: 24 December 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17548 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you Jon.

If there's a certain photo you'd like, please send me a PM with a phone number.

Doug

one of us
posted Hide Post
A really nice gun by two of the best in the trade, I know Ottmar has passed away but not sure about Pete Grisel.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 35536 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
That is one classy rifle!

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 6826 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Doug, you have exquisite taste. A rifle with such provedance deserves more than twice what you are asking for it. I would not sell it.

Posts: 902 | Location: Bonita, Ca. | Registered: 01 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
https://btimesherald.com/2017/...te-grisel-1938-2017/
Sadly gone now. Pete hired me into Dakota Arms on an ice cold day in February of '88. I had basic machining skills at the time.
Given this rifles DNA, to those who actually care. 6k is a gift of opportunity to be it's next caretaker, and should really go for more like 8 to 10k.

Posts: 847 | Location: satterleearmsrifles.com | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Other details of interest.
The early Grisel actions had Blackburn triggers, in later developments he went to more of a M-70 two piece sear trigger set up, which I prefer over a housing trigger design. In 2008 Pete gave his grace for me to adapt his trigger design to my actions.
The 2010 trigger Development by Paul Dressel and Morris Melani, also known as the Alaska trigger is a Grisel M-70 style trigger for a Mauser, I've used several of them and have been happy with them.

It would appear to me that nyriflemans rifle is an early rifle as the trigger looks to be of Blackburn design.

Posts: 847 | Location: satterleearmsrifles.com | Registered: 12 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow , a real beautiful rifle there ..

DRSS Chapuis 9.3 x 74 R
RSM. 416 Rigby
RSM 375 H&H

Posts: 948 | Location: Catskill Mountains N.Y. | Registered: 13 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the kind words gents.

mlf - if it doesn't sell I will not be heartbroken. It is a svelte, lively rifle. Most importantly it is very accurate.

Timan - thank you as well for the history. It has been a pleasure to have been its caretaker. (A very apt term).

I turned 50 a few years back and am in the process of crossing a few hunts off my bucket list.

This one will help fund a Dall/Grizzly combo while I'm still able to climb.

I will leave it here for a week or so and then most likely move it to Guns International. And perhaps bump the price to be more in line with Timan's estimate.

Doug

one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8699 | Location: Denver - Go Rockies!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Recoil pad? :-)

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am not against recoil pads but lots of good stuff to be said about a metal buttplate.

Posts: 2508 | Location: NW Arkansas | Registered: 19 December 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post