THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified - FIREARMS ONLY    WTS Colt Sauer Grand African in 458W.M. - Reduced
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WTS Colt Sauer Grand African in 458W.M. - Reduced
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
WTS Colt Sauer Grand African in 458W.M.
This bolt action rifle was manufactured just twelve years (1973-1985), by JP Sauer of Germany for Colt. According to the serial numbers for all calibers, only 27,189 total rifles were produced from 1973 through 1984. This one falls in the 1977 range of serial numbers.
Rifle has a tang safety with a loaded chamber indicator.
Receiver is drilled and tapped.
Scope mounts are included, along with rings.(one screw shows use)
The rifle is stocked with beautiful African Bubinga wood(an upgrade) with monte carlo cheekpiece and fitted with rosewood forend tip.
The pistol grip cap has the Colt rampant horse medallion inlay and the checkering is beautifully hand cut.
Stock has attached swivel stud with front attachment on barrel. The stock is finished in a high gloss poly finish that can be easily made satin with a couple of strokes of 0000 steel wool.
The bolt body is highly polished and as many know it is so slick that it slides shut when rifle is tilted forward fast.
The metal surfaces are highly polished and masterfully blued to show a deep and mirrored finish. The writing has been color filled.
I do have and will include a spare new magazine.
I would rate condition at 98/99% with only a very few safe dings and the recoil pad is a bit weak from sitting in safe. I take out every other Spring, to wipe and re-oil before putting back in the safe.
According to specs I've downloaded, (I could verify for interested buyers) Barrel length 24" with a 1 - 14" twist, sights rear, fully adjustable for windage and elevation, Front sight ramped and hooded with sight radius of aprox. 15". Approx weight is 9 3/4 lbs and overall lenght is about 44". Length of pull should be 13 3/4". Three round detachable magazine and adjustable trigger with a roller bearing sear.

$2900 $2800 $2700 SHIPPED

Reduced. to $2600 shipped.
AK & HI at additional $25.
FTF at: $2500.

Shipping to lower 48 will be, with insurance, in a hard case, to your FFL from a private seller with a copy of my DL.
Don't be hesitant to make an offer as the most I "might" say is, thanks but no.

The only trade I would be interested in would be a H&K SP5 or SP5K, in new or like new condition.

Extra Pics by email, if requested.
FTF will be within 30 miles of Port St. Lucie, on Rt. 95
Buyer must be at least 21, Florida resident and CWL preferred unless I know you.
Wizard78(at)bellsouth.net(dot)net

Posts: 1542 | Location: SE Florida | Registered: 07 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I had the opportunity to shoot one of those that a friend had in a 7mm Remington mag and it was an exceptionally smooth and accurate rifle. The quality of work and detail was exceptional as well.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground. Bringing everyday life to most individuals 8' at a time!

Posts: 3067 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trip to top.

Posts: 1542 | Location: SE Florida | Registered: 07 October 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Reduced to top.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Are those considered controlled round feeding?

Thnx

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2843 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gunslinger55:
Are those considered controlled round feeding?
Thnx

No sir. These rifles have a Sako style extractor. I do have a second magazine for this one, also. These are called push feed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reply looks nice. Good luck with sale

White Mountains Arizona

Posts: 2843 | Registered: 31 December 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From what I recall, this was a great collaboration as Colt only put their name on the gun!

I’m not in the market, but that extra magazine is quite the bonus because they ain’t cheap.

I meant to be DSC Member...bad typing skills.

Marcus Cady

DRSS

Posts: 3429 | Location: Dallas | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sauer 80s and 90's are among my favorite rifles.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
All home obligations met and time to start selling again plus possibly GB or Guns International.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have a Sauer 202 Supreme with barrels in 375 H&H, 300 WM, and 7mm Rem Mag. Lovely rifles.

Posts: 20076 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
I owned one of these in the early 80s in 458 Win Mag. Beautiful African Bubinga wood, red with light caramel feather and swirl in the butt stock. I did not remember it had a clip??!! It was a great shooter!! Good Luck, great collectors and shooters!!

470EDDY

Posts: 2545 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trip to top.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Christmas is getting close. Reduced price shipped. beer

One of Us
posted Hide Post
3 magazines available on 24 hour campfire

Posts: 251 | Location: w mt | Registered: 12 December 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post