THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified - FIREARMS ONLY    wtb 500 Jeffery - FINALLY FOUND ONE - A CUSTOM AHR
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

wtb 500 Jeffery - FINALLY FOUND ONE - A CUSTOM AHR
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Finally found one .... a Custom AHR "early build" from 2008 ... a beautiful rifle - Wayne is a real artist. see pictures last post

" .... you never pay too much for something, you only buy it too early .... "

How to Hunt Wisconsin Whitetail Deer with a Cannon

How to Hunt Feral Cats with a Mortar

Posts: 2116 | Location: Whitetail Country - Wisconsin | Registered: 28 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PM sent

Posts: 103 | Location: Texas | Registered: 08 January 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Matt Roberts has several.

www.mnrcustom.com

Posts: 10152 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And it has a Monte Carlo; Yuck.
Only $18.5K; the stock blank on his rifles cost more than anything I ever owned.

Posts: 17106 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by buckstix:
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
Matt Roberts has several.
I only saw one, and its really expensive. Would like to find a CZ or Sako Brown Bear. Or something in that price range.

If u consider a 505 Gibbs

https://www.africahunting.com/...999-505-gibbs.74391/

Posts: 67 | Registered: 12 March 2023Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You must be referring to the Ryan Breeding one. Monte Carlo stocks aren't my preference either, but at $18,500 that's a bargain for a Breeding. The point is mute though as that rifle sold. However, I am selling a .500 Jeff by Jack Haugh that's priced very well at $9k. Classic styled stock. Jack Haugh 500 Jeff
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
Only $18.5K; the stock blank on his rifles cost more than anything I ever owned.

Posts: 571 | Location: Weathersfield, VT | Registered: 22 January 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can certainly understand that. Good luck with your search!
quote:
Originally posted by buckstix:
quote:
Originally posted by MNR: I am selling a .500 Jeff by Jack Haugh that's priced very well at $9k. Classic styled stock. Jack Haugh 500 Jeff
Hello MNR,
Thanks for the reply.

Wow .. that is one beautiful rifle. Wish I could afford it, but I have a limited budget.

Posts: 571 | Location: Weathersfield, VT | Registered: 22 January 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I’ve got a .416 Rigby CZ American that will do the job I bet. I’d let it go for a song. Mike

FourTails

Posts: 914 | Location: USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There's a .500 Jeffery built on a commercial 98 Mauser action currently listed on Guns International that is in the same price range as a Sako or CZ...

Posts: 373 | Location: Georgia, USA | Registered: 31 August 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2116 | Location: Whitetail Country - Wisconsin | Registered: 28 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done!

Posts: 10152 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNR:
You must be referring to the Ryan Breeding one. Monte Carlo stocks aren't my preference either, but at $18,500 that's a bargain for a Breeding. The point is mute though as that rifle sold. However, I am selling a .500 Jeff by Jack Haugh that's priced very well at $9k. Classic styled stock. Jack Haugh 500 Jeff
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:

With that extra deep magazine , I would have bet it held four down. (4 +1) Jack was a darn fine maker.

Posts: 3454 | Location: Phone: (253) 535-0066 / (253) 230-5599, Address: PO Box 822 Spanaway WA 98387 | www.customgunandrifle.com | Registered: 16 April 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Duane Wiebe (CG&R):
With that extra deep magazine , I would have bet it held four down. (4 +1) Jack was a darn fine maker.
Hello Duane,

My custom AHR 500 Jeffery holds 3 rounds, 1 up and 2 down. Wayne customizes the mag well with side clips and transforms it to a vertical stack feed system like that of the Weatherby 460. This results in 100% positive feeding with absolutely no chance of a miss-feed - ever.