THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A. Henry sidelock double rifle
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This Best Quality double rifle built by Alexander Henry was retailed in India R.B. Rodda and is chamber in .360 2&7/16" BPE. It is extremely accurate, retaining perfect bores and chambers. The cases are made from 9.3x72R and it shoots wonderfully with a 200 gr bullet seated over 60 grains of 2F and a card wad. The rifle is in remarkable condition and is 100% original, covered in fine scroll with a very high percentage of Case Color hardening remaining, it is stock in a wonderful, highly figured piece of French Walnut. The barrels have lost some of the original bluing. $19, 500

Updated website, some nice guns for sale. Check it out. bertramandco.com

Posts: 1917 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ah, a long long time ago and several time zones away I used to have a mate to this one in 450/400 2-3/8" and it was surely one of the nicest works of art (or Alex) that I have ever handled.

"If I were a rich man..."

Sigh.

Posts: 828 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I had a wonderful 10.75x68 Mauser and later a 404 Jefferys, both by Alex Henry, a finer gunsmith there never was..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 39451 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
OK, Did the firm of AH ever make any bolt rifles? AH himself died in 1894. Just wondering to set the record straight.
Very nice rifle btw.

Posts: 870 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 04 April 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Never that I'm aware of.

Posts: 85 | Location: west MN | Registered: 22 September 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I’d love to own this rifle as I currently have an Alex Henry in 500-450. Just out of my current price range. Beautiful

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Alex Henry 500/450 Double Rifle
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock 6.5x55
Steyr Classic Mannlicher Fullstock .30-06
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
Cogswell & Harrison Hammer 12 Bore Damascus
And Too Many More

Posts: 1857 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sold pending approval of the new owner.

I sure will miss seeing that one in the safe.

Updated website, some nice guns for sale. Check it out. bertramandco.com

Posts: 1917 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Of course he did..

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 39451 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I bet you will Steve!
I don’t think I’ve ever handled a nicer small double than this - wish I was in the market for that one.

Posts: 2630 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post