THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

AHR in 400 H&H Magnum
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This is my friend's o†her AHR, in the 400 H&H Magnum. H&H developed this round to satisfy customer demand for a cartridge with a bit more bullet weight. The 400 H&H Magnum is a 375 case necked up to .411. Ballistics are similar to the 450-400, 404 Jeffery, 416 Rigby and 416 Rem Mag,

$3,995 + $75 shipping

Posts: 18125 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Biebs,

Once again, if it's not too much trouble as the go-between, may I ask:

1) rifle weight
2) barrel length
3) LOP

Thanks for your time. beer

Posts: 1914 | Location: Colorado | Registered: 26 May 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I know he gets them made with 25" barrels. I'll get the wt and LOP

Posts: 18125 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's Gus's rifle, right?
26" barrel and 13-3/4" LOP from my invoice. I didn't note weight but it should be to 9-1/2 lbs. give or take as shown. It has Duane Wiebe's one-piece bottom metal, very nice. Great price too.

Posts: 889 | Location: Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground.

Posts: 2364 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bitterroot:
That's Gus's rifle, right?
26" barrel and 13-3/4" LOP from my invoice. I didn't note weight but it should be to 9-1/2 lbs. give or take as shown. It has Duane Wiebe's one-piece bottom metal, very nice. Great price too.

It is! I just bought the .404 you built for him. Man, I like this one too. Decisions, decisions. :-).

Posts: 82 | Registered: 22 February 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Heck of a rifle and cartridge gentlemen, some load data should someone buy this rifle and want to try a couple good loads I developed for my rifle.

Quality Cartridge 400 H&H brass.

76gr Varget, 400gr A-Frame 2401 fps.

78gr Varget, 400gr BBW#13 solid, 2406 fps.

Fed-215 or CCI-250 primers.

Very accurate loads that will work on anything anywhere, the solids are dead on at 50 yards with express barrel sight, they also land within an inch at 100 with the scope and A-Frames.

Good luck to whomever buys this rifle, it's a great cartridge

Posts: 731 | Registered: 18 February 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is! I just bought the .404 you built for him. Man, I like this one too. Decisions, decisions. :-).

You better buy it or I might buy it back. A brace of nice .40 cals would be cool.

Posts: 889 | Location: Montana | Registered: 18 February 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wayne, didn't you make him a 350 and 450 Rigby as well?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Biebs:
Wayne, didn't you make him a 350 and 450 Rigby as well?

Excuse me, did you say 350 Rigby?? Do tell...

Posts: 6600 | Registered: 31 January 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
The 350 and 450 Rigby builds may have been done when Ed Plummer owned AHR, before the smiling-faced youngster Wayne Jacobsen took over the reins :-)

one of us
posted Hide Post
What calibers can this be changed into with only a chamber reaming?

.404? Others?

Posts: 167 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: 15 May 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Others shooting .411 bullets include the 405 Winchester, 411 KDF, 400 Brown-Whelen, perhaps others.

But brass for the 400 H&H is available from Quality cartridge for $50.50/20, and .411 bullets are available from Hawk, Cutting Edge, Hornady, Woodleigh, and others. It's just a 375 H&H necked up to .411.....not a big deal.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Last call.