THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Savage 99 - 30/30
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Savage 99 Carbine in 30-30 - serial is 270,xxx range.

I've shot this rifle too, with the lyman peep it shoots quite well.

$700

It's has been done over. My buddy (the owner) worked for Geo Beitzinger for years but I'm not sure if george did the work on the rifle.
His shop is closed down now.

Posts: 4955 | Location: NY, NY | Registered: 28 November 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Now there's a classic Deer rifle!

Posts: 18180 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yep that's a classic

Posts: 3546 | Location: MI | Registered: 12 November 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice ... that Lyman peep is period correct also ...good price too .

DRSS Chapuis 9.3 x 74 R
RSM. 416 Rigby
RSM 375 H&H

Posts: 1010 | Location: Catskill Mountains N.Y. | Registered: 13 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
The sights worth $150 or more!!How is the bore? It appears the stock was checkered but the metal and wood looks original, if not its an awesome job..You have a PM..
Ray

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 36763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray, I thought you were selling your gun collection? lol

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2258 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mr. C,
Thats my intention,however, I may be falling by the wayside, from time to time. Ive sold down pretty hard as of now, and fighting my addiction gets harder, as the more money I stash away, the temptation get greater...I think a drug habit would be easier to break! faint

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 36763 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ray, I thought you were selling your gun collection? lol

Ray used to star in a TV series with a Dolphin...I believe it was called Flipper :-)

Posts: 18180 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I suppose we all have to deal with our gun collections at some point Biebs..Going cold turkey from time to time, but its such a nice savage!! Im trying my best Eeker

Beibs,
Something fishy about your last post! rotflmo

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
posted Hide Post
Ya'll gunna have some fun with this, I fell off the waggon, bought the 99 and Rich had a 88 in .308 and I bought that one also...Its gotta be a character flaw, no doubt about it... Roll Eyes

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
posted Hide Post
Both will shortly appear in the thread "Selling Gun Collection" :-)

names that mean handsome

one of us
posted Hide Post
I waited and I waited and nobody wanted that awesome 30-30, and a gun without a home is more than I can bare!
Love
Flipper

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
posted Hide Post
Great buy, Ray!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Good for you Ray, that is a very nice one and I was sorely tempted as well. I hear you about swearing off and temptation. I will resist, I will I will ...

Posts: 682 | Location: paradise with an ocean view | Registered: 09 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Atkinson:
I waited and I waited and nobody wanted that awesome 30-30, and a gun without a home is more than I can bare!
Love
Flipper

Once again I'm glad someone bought it before I did. I'm trying not to buy ANY guns this year. So far I've succeeded thanks to being a day late and likely plain dumb luck. Big Grin

Enjoy that 99! wave

*we band of 45-70ers*

Posts: 2258 | Location: Washington (wetside) | Registered: 08 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post