THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ithaca Mag-10
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
SOLD

Posts: 667 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
The last time I saw one of those was on the news in Houston in the mid-70s. A local gun shop got an anonymous call on Friday afternoon saying, You'll be robbed this weekend. CLICK. Might be a prank or not. The store owner asked if anyone volunteered to stay overnight. Everybody of course. Nothing happened Saturday night but Sunday night the guy on watch hears this chink, chink sound of somebody chiseling through the cinderblock wall into the gun vault. He waits a minute then hits the lights. There were 4 wetbacks, 3 in the vault + 1 halfway through the hole. He killed him 1st. then took out the other 3 ala 'fish in a barrel'. It was on the evening news the next day. Blood, crap, + general carnage all over the vault + those LONG fired hulls + a picture of the shotgun. The employee was acquitted as the burglars were in a vault full of guns so it was obviously self defense.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 11250 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
jumping

Posts: 1043 | Location: New Orleans (by way of Tulare County, Ca.) | Registered: 23 November 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll take it. Christmas present to myself. PM to follow

Posts: 192 | Location: San Antonio, TX USA | Registered: 04 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
SOLD. thank you

Posts: 667 | Location: California | Registered: 26 May 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice snag!

I took my Remington version (SP-10 I think) on a goose and duck hunt about 13 months ago. Me, my girlfriend, her daughter and son in law. All rule following folks, well maybe not the daughter, heard a couple stories Wink The guide had explained that nobody shoots unless he says so.

First day we get ice broken and decoys out, layout blinds set up, everything and everybody in them. Then the guide and I drive the trucks back a half mile or so. I left my 10 gauge, unloaded of course, in the blind. So the guide is screwing around with his new lab pup at the truck and I'm walking back quickly as its allready 10 minutes past legal shooting light and the sky is well lit..... so I'm almost back when there is suddenly a flurry of flapping and honking as at least a thousand geese launch off the back side of the pond and begin flying right over the blinds! So I'm running and yelling "shoot! Shoot!! SHOOT!!! The girlfriend sits up and says " "NO!!! The guide did not say to shoot yet." I get to my gun, shove one shell in just as the last of the flock is clearing the blinds. BOOM, two geese fall from the sky. I look at my 3 companions and ask, why didn't you shoot? The daughter says "I was just dumbfounded and couldn't believe what was happening and just kind of froze." The son in law says "She said not to!" And she is chewing me out and saying how the guide did NOT say it was ok. I look back at the guide who has picked up my two geese and is giving me a big fist pump. She asked "what's he doing?" I replied "shaking his fist at meWink" "SEE THERE, YOUR IN TROUBLE NOW! He gets back, throws the geese down, give me a high 5, looks at them and asks why they didn't shoot? So after a bit of arguing, the girlfriend explained that they where right over their heads and "what happens to the BB's that miss a goose? I simply replied "they continue on and kill another gooseWink"

The second day the 10 gauge started giving me feeding issues after the first shot, essentially making it a single shot. My girlfriend was shooting a 12 gauge but we would all shoot 3 times, then she would get one shot off... (her daughter was a duck murdering machine!) So she says she will trade with me as she's only getting one shot anyway. She handled that thing fine and started getting some hits.

So yea, a 3 1/2" 10 gauge is one hell of a waterfowl gun!

Posts: 82 | Registered: 05 August 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have an sp-10 that was made in the custom shop. My girlfriend at the time (mid 80’s) was an executive n Illion. It has upgraded wood a had case and has a 20 inch rifle sighted barrel and a 26 vent rib barrel both with screw in chokes.
I have used it on deer wih both buckshot and slugs, turkey, geese, duck, coyotes and even a couple of feral dogs harassing my livestock. It really puts the game down with authority.

Posts: 5126 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post