THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2 Pre '64s for sale, cheap
 Login/Join

one of us
posted Hide Post
Model 71 Winchester .348, serial number 3, just sold at auction for <5,000$.
Guns International, Winchester model 55; number 4, has been unsold for 2+ yeras at 14K$.
Low serial numbers are cool but vastly over rated. Let's just see what these bring over the years.
c

Cal Pappas, Willow, Alaska
www.CalPappas.com
www.CalPappas.blogspot.com
1994 Zimbabwe
1997 Zimbabwe
1998 Zimbabwe
1999 Zimbabwe
1999 Namibia, Botswana, Zambia--vacation
2000 Australia
2002 South Africa
2003 South Africa
2003 Zimbabwe
2005 South Africa
2005 Zimbabwe
2006 Tanzania
2006 Zimbabwe--vacation
2007 Zimbabwe--vacation
2008 Zimbabwe
2012 Australia
2013 South Africa
2013 Zimbabwe
2013 Australia
2016 Zimbabwe
2017 Zimbabwe
2018 South Africa
2018 Zimbabwe--vacation
2019 South Africa
2019 Botswana
2019 Zimbabwe vacation

Posts: 5891 | Location: Willow, Alaska | Registered: 29 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
They will not even come close to the asking price.

Posts: 7949 | Location: humboldt | Registered: 10 April 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
who is Roger Rule, is he related to Steven Strange?

Posts: 2678 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:
who is Roger Rule, is he related to Steven Strange?

Roger Rule wrote the book, “The Rifleman’s Rifle.” That book is considered the Bible for model 70 collectors. I have two printings.

Posts: 2529 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
If you go to his website you sill see that he has a No Dicker Sticker Policy!!"
Cheers,

470EDDY

Posts: 1542 | Location: The Other Washington | Registered: 24 March 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 470EDDY:
Cheers,

Why does this make me think of the old Dickin's Cider commercials?

Wink

Posts: 7595 | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would have two of everything before I would buy them.. rotflmo

DRSS: HQ Scandinavia. Chapters in Sweden & Norway

Posts: 2569 | Location: Denmark | Registered: 09 June 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
quote:
Originally posted by 470EDDY:
Cheers,

Why does this make me think of the old Dickin's Cider commercials?
those were funny as hell too

Wink

learning to play well with others

Posts: 735 | Location: south texas | Registered: 25 November 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jens, I had a good friend that passed a few years ago that those in the know knew that Craig ALWAYS had 2 of everything in his gun collection. It became a standing joke that he most likely had a 2nd wife stashed somewhere.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 11250 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dogcat:
A rifle is a tool. That is all. Did my carpenter, who built a dream house for my bride, sell his hammer or take pictures with it???

Was he famous?

So you’re telling me that the .405 Winchester that Teddy Roosevelt used on his 1909 safari, that is likely responsible for Hemingway, Ruark, Melon, Boddington, and dozens of other authors journeying to and writing about Africa, which jump started the safari industry and kept it going for over 100 years... is valueless because it’s just a tool? Well, we’d better burn all the museums. Smiler

quote:
I never get celebrity adoration. Much like buying Boddington's used safari clothes a few years back.

Now that’s just silly. Pappy Boddington is only a minor celebrity. Wink

There’s a big difference between celebrity adoration and historical significance. I get that you were talking about the former, but it could easily be construed that you were lumping in the later at the same time. I understand why Wally Johnson’s rifle would only have elevated value to a small subset of gun buyers, but it is historically significant. Just not as widely known or of the same significance as Roosevelt’s rifles.

Posts: 224 | Registered: 19 August 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
there are the haves and have nots, the haves will pay the have nots cry!! rotflmo

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 35604 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post