THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

416 Rigby Custom by Roger Ferrell
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Nice custom safari rifle by Roger Ferrell in 416 Rigby. It is like new, from my friend who is downsizing. Pretty rifle from one of the best makers.

$5,150

Posts: 18125 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Biebs,

If everything pictured is included, signed me up! :-)

Posts: 82 | Registered: 22 February 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ah, had a photo of the 400 H&H mixed in. Good catch!

Posts: 18125 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
When I lived in Atlanta I had Roger work on a number of rifles for me. He's top notch and a true craftsman. Can't go wrong with a Roger Ferrell-built rifle!

LTC, USA, RET
Benefactor Life Member, NRA
Member, SCI & DSC
Proud son of Texas A&M, Class of 1969

"A man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?" Robert Browning

Posts: 1389 | Location: Native Texan Now In Jacksonville, Florida, USA | Registered: 10 July 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'll have him put it up on Guns Intl.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I appreciate any and all good publicity, but I did NOT make that .416 Rigby. Neither the stock nor the 1/4-rib are my style. Some other maker deserves the credit.
Roger Ferrell

Posts: 171 | Location: Fayetteville, GA | Registered: 12 August 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Roger,

There are two rifles pictured. A .404 from AHR and the Rigby.

Posts: 82 | Registered: 22 February 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, looks like then owner mixed the photos with his AHR 404. I think I have them straight now.

one of us
posted Hide Post
What's the action type for this rifle? Is it a smoothed over CZ, or is it a square bridge mauser?

Posts: 167 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: 15 May 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
It's a CZ550. It was bought by my friend from Steve Barnett a couple years ago for $6,500.