THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rem 721, 300 H&H SOLD
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A good REMINGTON 721 in A Great caliber getting hard to find, 300 H&H caliber, metal 90% plus, wood solid but been hunted with, nice recoil pad, 26" barrel with with a very good bore, has original iron sights just a nice hunting rifle that includes a new set of Leupold rings, and a Leupold 3x9 scope with good optics but fading a bit and some scratches, it too has been hunted with but optically excellent..$850 plus $40 shipping..without scope and rings price is $750 but you could probably sell the scope and rings for $200 to $250..win win both ways.

On second inspection that metal is closer to 99% plus..Pictures to seriously interested parties emails. The bottom metal has about 50%
blue form carrying, it could use a dip in the vat.No pits or rust at all..

OVER ALL I WOULD CALL IT A GOOD HUNTING RIFLE READY TO GO.

Ray Atkinson
Atkinson Hunting Adventures
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

rayatkinsonhunting@gmail.com

Posts: 37013 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I cleaned the stock with carnuba and what I thought was finish flakeing all but disapeared. Gun really looks good afer cleaning up..

Im going to advertise it on GI today with out scope and rings for $800 plus shipping. but hold on my first offer here..

Didn't get much interest here, surprised as 300 H&Hs in a Winchester are a hot item and sell high, I thought an affordable 300 H&H would sell in a couple of hours, based on some post about them on AR, ya just never know..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

Posts: 37013 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ray its a 721? Or a Winchester? Maybe I should reread your post...

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground.

Posts: 2459 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
I see what you are saying..
Comparatively speaking.

If it cant be Grown it has to be Mined! Devoted member of Newmont mining company Underground Mine rescue team. Carlin East,Deep Star ,Leeville,Deep Post ,Chukar and now Exodus Where next? Pete Bajo to train newbies on long hole stoping and proper blasting techniques.
Back to Exodus mine again learning teaching and operating autonomous loaders in the underground.

Posts: 2459 | Location: Northern Nevada & Northern Idaho | Registered: 09 April 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Its a REm 721, wish it was a pre war mod 70!!but lots of difference in pricing for sure.. wave

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
posted Hide Post
Off the market, unless you agree to buy 150 new brass and a set of dies, I have to play with this one, it shoots so good.. wave

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't know what it its about 721 300 H&H's, but they are almost all exceptionally accurate.

Posts: 438 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
That has been my experience also, much like the 222, and 250-3000 they just all seem to shoot..I have a stick of wood so I just may stock this rifle and call it my swan song..I just have little interrest in building stocks anymore, Id rather spend my time hunting..

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
posted Hide Post
PM sent

Posts: 333 | Registered: 24 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Sold to Race...with dies and brass...just as I was getting excited over being in the 300 H&H again! oh well I need to keep culling, I am making a little headway believe it or not!! tu2

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120

one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't believe the Remmy 721s had a 'Mauser claw' controlled-feed bolt, ... did they?

"Only accurate rifles are interesting."

Posts: 360 | Location: Midwest, USA | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
No the Remingtons 721, 722, 700 are all are push feed

Ray Atkinson
10 Ward Lane,
Filer, Idaho, 83328
208-731-4120