THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

20ga SxS Rifle by CSM - Sale Pending
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have for sale a 20ga Slug Rifle by Connecticut Shotgun Manufacturing I ordered new about 12 years ago.

The rifle is in great shape and is equipped with a 3x Leopold scope in Talley mounts. Length of pull is 14 3/4", double triggers and pistol grip stock with a English forend (as opposed to a beaver tail forearm.) The gun is in great shape.

Currently sighted in for Remington Copper slugs and about 100 come with the rifle.

Very beautiful stock.

Asking $4,000, but will consider reasonable offers.

I'm having trouble posting photos at the moment, so if you have questions or want to see photos, please shoot me a PM with an email or cell #.

Thanks,

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4893 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Photos, I hope:

Free 500grains

Posts: 4893 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow, very nice!

Posts: 17537 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Rifled barrels or partially rifled?

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1949 | Location: AK to AZ | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
. . . good to see that you are alive and kicking John. Best wishes for 2020.

Mike

"Living dangerously is twice blessed -- it blesses the moment with elation; it blesses the after-day with warm memories." ~Major P.J. Pretorius

"The man who declares that he is not afraid of elephants is either an ignoramus or a liar." ~Baron Bror von Blixen-Finecke

". . . when a man has shot an elephant his life is full." ~John Alfred Jordan

"Danger not only adds zest to all forms of sport, it also tends to sharpen the faculties and to bring into focus all that is to be seen and heard in a forest. Danger, which is understood, and which you are prepared to face, does not in any way distract from pleasure." ~Jim Corbett

". . . he wasn't aware of it then, by the time he left he had been infected by a disease known to many born outside the continent as the call of Africa -- an incurable disease indeed. ~ Peter Stiff

Posts: 16768 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes wow!

Posts: 2787 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Biebs, thanks!

Antlers, fully rifled for sabot slugs.

Mike, thanks, and good to see you are alive and kicking too. Best wishes for 2020 to you too!

Tomahawker, are you also glad I'm still kicking or do you like the CSM!?

Someone has asked the stock dimensions and weight of the rifle.

Weight with Leopold in QD Talley rings mounted is 7lbs 6.8oz.

LOP was ordered at 14 3/4".

There is no cast on or cast off.

Drop at comb and heel are 1 1/2" and 2 1/4" or very close. My LOP, drop and cast tool is packed away right now, but the gun shoulders the same as a SxS shotgun of mine with a stock known to have 1 1/2" and 2 1/4" drop at comb and heel respectively.

I forgot the slug rifle comes with the original CSM "fitted," locking, plastic breakdown case with blue velvet lining. Also the original target and paperwork as well as a set of nickel Galazan snap caps.

I'll post photos of the case as soon as I can get them loaded.

John

Free 500grains

one of us
posted Hide Post
Case and scale photos.

Free 500grains

one of us
posted Hide Post
John, do you know what ammunition is was regulated with?

Posts: 17537 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
If they hadn’t changed the laws in IA & OH to allow straight wall rifle cartridges, I’d be on this like a duck on a June bug. Super value right here!

All We Know Is All We Are

Posts: 951 | Location: E Central MO | Registered: 13 January 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
PM sent.

" .... you never pay too much for something, you only buy it too early .... "

How to Hunt Wisconsin Whitetail Deer with a Cannon

How to Hunt Feral Cats with a Mortar

Posts: 1323 | Location: Whitetail Country - Wisconsin | Registered: 28 September 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Biebs,

It is regulated for Remington Copper ammo. I have a bunch of it - I'm guessing 100 rounds, but I'll get a count, and it goes with the gun.

John

Free 500grains

one of us
posted Hide Post
Someone has asked whether the gun has extractors or ejectors. The gun has ejectors.

Also, the trigger guard tang is extended to the grip cap, which was an option.

Free 500grains

one of us
posted Hide Post
Sale Pending

Free 500grains