THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Classified - FIREARMS ONLY    Custom Mauser FN .300 H&H in Rigby Styling
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Custom Mauser FN .300 H&H in Rigby Styling
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This is one classy rifle in .300 H&H Mag with custom 26” barrel from DPCD with typical Rigby step-down pattern.

Stock is Bastogne with great figure and really stands out in the light. Stock shape and checkering pattern is designed to mimic the new Rigby Highland Stalker. Checkering is just incredible. 8.6 lbs with mounts.

Action is a smooth FN Mauser with Timney trigger ser at 3 lbs and a smooth Timney side safety. Red Old English Decelerator Pad. LOP is 15”. Comes with Leupold mounts. Bolt shroud is also new. There are a couple very light handling marks as it has been admired by several people, but one will have to look very hard to see the. It’s a true classic.

Price is $1450 firm plus $40 shipping. You’ll love this one.

Asking Biebs to post a couple pictures and you can PM me for additional pics. Thanks, MDS

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Browning X-Bolt Stalker .308
Tikka T-3 Lite .22-250
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
And Too Many More

Posts: 1717 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17563 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a nice rifle. Love the checkering! Good luck on your sale.

The only easy day is yesterday!

Posts: 2643 | Location: Western Cascade Mountains | Registered: 22 September 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Is the bottom metal steel or alloy?

Posts: 3042 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: 11 November 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Very nice. And a fine old caliber to boot.

Posts: 7595 | Registered: 09 January 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Todd Williams:
Very nice. And a fine old caliber to boot.

Only the magnet knows for sure :-)

Posts: 17563 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bottom metal is Steel.

Posts: 11511 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tom, who did the stock and checkering, etc.?
A few more detailed pics would be appreciated by the rest of us I'm sure.

Posts: 3332 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
Tom, who did the stock and checkering, etc.?
A few more detailed pics would be appreciated by the rest of us I'm sure.

The seller is Michael Stewart

one of us
posted Hide Post
I did the metal. He had another guy do the stock. I think it was from my pattern though.

Posts: 11511 | Location: USA | Registered: 02 August 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dpcd:
I did the metal. He had another guy do the stock. I think it was from my pattern though.

DPDC did the metal and did the original shaping of the stock as well as the bedding and free floating. My local guy, whom I keep reserved if at all possible, did the final shaping, checkering, and finishing of the rifle.

DPDC does outstanding work and is a really good guy to put up with me. My local guy does as nice a checking job as I’ve seen. Final wood finishing was to replicate the Rigby Highland Stalker. Very sexy.

Only fault I can find is a very slight imperfection in the inletted rear swivel stud. Otherwise, it will match up to most custom rifles with the exception of the stuff like Wiebe turns out. But for the money, it’s some kind of rifle.

MDS

JP Sauer Drilling 12x12x9.3x72
David Murray Scottish Hammer 12 Bore
Browning X-Bolt Stalker .308
Tikka T-3 Lite .22-250
Walther PPQ H2 9mm
Walther PPS M2
And Too Many More

Posts: 1717 | Location: Chattanooga, TN | Registered: 10 August 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Somebody please buy this ASAP.

Posts: 636 | Location: Central California Coast | Registered: 05 May 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
How did this last more than 10 minutes? Is everyone that poor after Xmas? Smiler

Posts: 1043 | Location: MN and ND | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey Mike, Mark Mitchell here,sent you a pm.

Posts: 182 | Location: southern Illinois | Registered: 23 July 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JonP:
How did this last more than 10 minutes? Is everyone that poor after Xmas? Smiler

Heading to Zimbabwe in April or it would have been mine.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3279 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post