THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM CLASSIFIED FORUM

Please remember hunting and shooting related posts only, no links to other sites.

Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SOLD-Beretta 391 Sporting Set
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
This is a Beretta 391 Urika Sporting shotgun. It is in 12ga, and has a 28" barrel. A Carey Closer has been added to make it easier to close the bolt after loading. It comes in the fitted case with chokes, counterweight, etc.

$925 Shipped (NOW $795 SHIPPED)

Posts: 17563 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Never heard of a Carey closer before ....

DRSS Chapuis 9.3 x 74 R
RSM. 416 Rigby
RSM 375 H&H

Posts: 948 | Location: Catskill Mountains N.Y. | Registered: 13 September 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bob, the little buttons or latches on the semi-auto can be hard to push to close the action. With this one you just bump it with the heal of your hand to release the bolt. Makes it easier if you're loading as many times as you do in a day of clays shooting.

Posts: 17563 | Location: Very NW NJ up in the Mountains | Registered: 14 June 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Do you know if the Carey Closer can work as a "shell catcher" also?
I see what looks like a slide behind the Carey Closer logo and I'm curious if it could be slid upward and possibly used as a shell catcher...??? ...keep spent cases from bouncing off the guy next to you...

Either way...nice shotgun!

Posts: 1157 | Location: SW Pennsylvania | Registered: 17 May 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jason, have Lou shoot next to you, then it wouldn't matter :-)

Not sure, let me read up on them.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Smiler

I didn't want to give you homework...just curious. Very handy feature for its obvious intended use.

Posts: 1157 | Location: SW Pennsylvania | Registered: 17 May 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
one of us
posted Hide Post
Jason, you're right! The Carey Closer serves several functions, as I found out:

1) Shell deflector
2) Shell catcher
3) Action closer

one of us
posted Hide Post
Now $875 shipped

one of us
posted Hide Post
$850?

one of us
posted Hide Post
Last call at $795 shipped!