Find
Notify
Tools

A last minute 'Keiler'
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted

I had been sitting on a maize bait since 20:00 hrs. A couple of roe deer came and went. I decide that at 01:30 hrs I would call it a night. Sweeping the the ground with my thermal camera at 01:15 I picked up a single pig. He approached the edge of the clearing and then went back into the woods. This happened a number of times over then next 15 minutes and then, without hesitation, he walked to the furthest 'maize hole', broadside on to me, and started feeding.

I put the crosshairs on his shoulder and the Norma .30-06 did the rest. A 10 minute wait and then my Springer bitch led the way to the dead pig. 85 kgs dead weight and 3 pushing 4 years old. I was pleased. A good pig to take.

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2258 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi Charlie,
I noticed you had not posted for a while and guessed maybe it was due to hunting. Good to see your continuing success with pigs and that's a very nice Boar. If that was mine I'd be keeping that jaw.
Cheers
GRANT

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2012 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Waidmannsheil, nice keiler!

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
Beautiful boar!

Posts: 1064 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Howdy Charlie:

Been missing you mate.

Just wondering since you shoot so many.

While in the Army over there. We spent a month
each fall at Grafenwier. Romels training grounds.

I ran a watering point. I never saw any pigs, but, tracks every morning. I couldn't leave milk and containers of food in the creek or they'd be torn up next morning.

One of the guys stopped there on a road grader
and shut it off to wait for me so he could wash the mud off.

Jim was plumb scared when I got there. Said a bunch of hogs had treed him and he had whacked several on the head with a shovel and didn't seem to discourage them any. Of course at the barracks that was fresh ammo to rag him about.

Good to see you're still playing the game.

George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 5943 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of custombolt
posted Hide Post
Nice one. Nice room too.

Life itself is a gift. Live it up if you can.

Posts: 5097 | Location: Near Hershey PA | Registered: 12 October 2012Reply With Quote