Find
Notify
Tools

Importing trophies from the UK
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted
Has anyone imported Red Stag European Mounts from the UK to the US? If so, can you share the information please and thank you?

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Hi Mate,

I will speak to the local taxidermist in Dumfires who I'm sure will be able to sort it out for us.

We need a taxidermists letter to show they are clean and sterile. We then need to package securely and ship to a designated port of entry. That Bit is determined by USF&W on your side as to which is the closest port.

I will also speak to Fedex and see what they say but most of the hoops will be provided by the customs guys your side. If we find out whatthey need we can make sure it is all done in accordance.

Rgds,
K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Kiri.

I have been investigating it as well and it seems like everyone I ask provides a different answer. One person at customs told me since the UK is our partner nation, just ship them to your house. I told him I appreciated that but is there a regulation that will support that and he told me he would have to look. Up to now I have only heard crickets............

My port of entry is Miami. I will drive down there next week and talk to one of the agents face to face that assisted me when I brought my stuff back from Argentina.

I got a PM for a contact that has some experience as well. I am sure it is just checking the right boxes on the government forms.

I will just keep slaying beasts until we get it all sorted out. Big Grin

Larry

Posts: 887 | Location: Wichita Falls Texas or Colombia | Registered: 25 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Hey bud,

I have spoken to taxidermists that say just ship them home. When Adam did Brads trophies it wasn't quite as easy.

I think as you say Miami F&W wIll give you the answers.

K

One of Us
posted Hide Post
After we sorted out all the paperwork mine only took a couple of days to make it from the UK to my house.

Shipping with Adam and Kiri is faster than Amozon Prime! And they are much nicer to deal with! tu2

Posts: 694 | Location: Santa Ynez Valley, Ca | Registered: 14 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Adam.270
posted Hide Post
Hi Larry,

I haven't got time to type out the whole process here but there are a few fairly straightforward hoops to jump through to get your trophies home legally.

Shipping door to door without going via Wildlife & Game stateside can potentially land you in a heap of trouble, even if people seem to get away with it from time to time.

Drop me an email - adam.russell@btinternet.com - and I'll write it all out for you and you can let Kiri know which bits he needs to do at his end. You have to use FedEx as UPS won't ship them.

Cheers,

Adam.

Posts: 186 | Location: UK | Registered: 04 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do not try and get around the processes (which can be painful the 1st time - but easy once you know all the hoops to jump through)! If they catch you - its a nightmare forever with them!

Posts: 1490 | Location: New York | Registered: 01 January 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post
Just finished a 7 day Scotland hunt with 14 friends - full report will be posted next week.

Two friends flew in from the US / Houston and flew back with 2 sets of cleaned, dried, bubble wrapped and tapped antlers as part of their United checked luggage. On arrival in the States the declared them, made reference to the Wildlife & Game website page that says its not a problem to bring deer trophies in from the UK, and unpacked them in their garage two hours after touching down!

They must be clean of all blood, animal hair etc and dry and Robert is your fathers brother !

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2253 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They confiscated mine at Philadelphia. They asked for vet certification.

Posts: 550 | Location: Augusta,GA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of SFRanger7GP
posted Hide Post
That is why I always carry my vet certificate with me as well as my vaccination records. Big Grin

one of us
posted Hide Post
I had my parvo and distemper records, but they wanted info on the stags!

Posts: 550 | Location: Augusta,GA | Registered: 01 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Larry

Your stags are in the taxidermist and will come with a cert confirming what they are, shot in the uk and processed clean and dry.

Chad, did you hear anything back if they are going to release your antlers?

K

one of us
posted Hide Post
I haven't heard anything Kiri. I'm not too upset, I would have been angry if they were as large as Larry's antlers. Oh well, perfect excuse to come back next year.