New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stalking in Scotland
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking for any references for a place called Letterewe Estates for stalking.

Also any other suggestions. would be two couples for two to three days stalking, would like the traditional experience with ponies if possible. A day of fly fishing might be nice as well. Large trophies not important.

thanks

Posts: 1049 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eny:

Also any other suggestions. would be two couples for two to three days stalking, would like the traditional experience with ponies if possible. A day of fly fishing might be nice as well. Large trophies not important.

thanks

Friends have been before and said was very good. Surprised if it’s not all booked up for this season already.

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hunt Inter:
quote:
Originally posted by eny:

thanks

Friends have been before and said was very good. Surprised if it’s not all booked up for this season already.

Yes just received info from them and cant book for next year either. so search goes on.
thank you

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I just booked a stag hunt for late sept with Mike McCraven Hunting LTD in Scotland.Christen had won a trip of 5 days @ a raffle and I added a hunt. Mike has been @ SCI for 35 years the guy in the kilt.Ours was short notice too

Posts: 370 | Location: northcentral mt | Registered: 25 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
Hi eny,

I might be able to help you out. A couple of things to note though. This would not be using ponies to take your stags off the hill (we use an eight wheel argo) and I can't offer fly fishing.

I have dates available for this year:
August 15th - 19th 2022 5 days
August 56th & 26th 2022 2 days
September 5th & 6th 2022 2 days

Have a look at the link to my offer
http://forums.accuratereloadin...2100588/m/8731098562

Send me an email If you would like some more information.

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 679 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by miketaylor:
Hi eny,

I might be able to help you out. A couple of things to note though. This would not be using ponies to take your stags off the hill (we use an eight wheel argo) and I can't offer fly fishing.

I have dates available for this year:
August 15th - 19th 2022 5 days
August 56th & 26th 2022 2 days
September 5th & 6th 2022 2 days

Have a look at the link to my offer
http://forums.accuratereloadin...2100588/m/8731098562

Send me an email If you would like some more information.

Thankyou Mike. My side by side gets about 2500 miles on it from April to September, so I'm ready to just walk come hunting seasonSmiler As well as my friends are wanting the traditional thing if I can find it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Letterewe - its dead men's shoes.

Its a suberb area though - you might want to try Gairloch Estate - you will get through more easily through Sheildaig Lodge - https://www.shieldaiglodge.com/. (You'll need to dig on that website to find the info but it is there - very nice place to stay, was there in Feb) I can tell you for a fact though they are also fully booked this year - as will be anywhere else worth going. Don't know about next year - this is your best bet - think ahead.

I should also say that many estates are under severe pressure from the authorities to reduce deer numbers and will be implementing drastic culls.

Posts: 191 | Location: The frozen north of Scotland | Registered: 01 July 2015Reply With Quote