Find
Notify
Tools

Hessen State Forestry Diven Shoot
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted

Two day driven hunt in Hessen State Forests last weekend. Managed a 75 kg sow shooting a Wulf double in 8x57

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2253 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mt Al
posted Hide Post
Great pic and beautiful DR! Thanks for sharing.

Posts: 1064 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 21 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Looks good Charlie
Sitting as we speak
Got small pig yesterday

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

There was a post on the American game hunting thread about a hunter being shot and killed at on a party hunt and someone commented about group hunts in Europe.

Well we have been on a number, mostly great I may add. Although last year my wife and I packed up and left one hunt after the first drive as we were not happy with the safety of the shoot - guns standing 20 meters apart on a hill side and deer and pigs being driven between the guns. We left and had a good lunch in a small country town and then texted the organisers that we had left and why.

The State Forest driven hunt last weekend was superbly organised! Safety was first and foremost with all hunters wearing hi viz and trees marked with hi viz orange where you could and could not shoot. The beaters were all in high viz and made themselves known when they came into your area with calls and shouts to get your attention. No room for errors!

The total bag for the two days was 62 European wild boar, 12 red deer prickets and hinds and calves and 10 roe deer plus a raccoon that the dogs caught with 28 hunters and 20 beaters with 44 dogs.

All in all a great and safe weekends driven shooting in the Hessen State forests!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2253 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In the driven (by dogs) hunts I have been on in Sweden we have less people in the forest/fields and the shooter have thought out positions with the possibly dangerous directions clearly told before the start. In Czech republic (both by dogs and men) it was closer between shooters but as long your neighbour shooter are clearly visible and the safe directions pointed out for you I didn`t feel any unsafe moments, even if the best direction for a shot were on the outside of the ring.

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote