Find
Notify
Tools

Sad possible hunting reality for UK
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
https://youtu.be/MMsbtF1yn4M

Fieldsport Britain has a lot of info this week on the disturbing possibillity the UK may be coming into if nothing is done to stop it.

In short,not only ban on import of Cites trophys, but also deer trophy export frommUK,and what even even worse.

Refusing hunters visiting the UK,and refusing UK hunters travelling abroad for hunting.

was mr Rigby before a pc crash

Posts: 158 | Location: Kristiansand, Norway | Registered: 05 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
10000$ rifles, fences, helicopters,dense managed deerherds, thats very different from scandinavian hunting. Hunting are well accepted in Scandinavia because of the close relation people have to hunters, easy posibilitys to hunt for blue collor workers and the sharing of meat after the hunt, that is lost then the majority are forain paying hunters(including England who are more distant cultural to Scotland than Norway).

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Can Boris stop Scotland from hunting?

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have some of the best hunting in Europe for a multitude of species as well as the finest driven bird hunting in the world.

I think some of the propaganda is for show as elections are coming up but we always have to watch our backs with the lions that run the country

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nordic2:
10000$ rifles, fences, helicopters,dense managed deerherds, thats very different from scandinavian hunting. Hunting are well accepted in Scandinavia because of the close relation people have to hunters, easy posibilitys to hunt for blue collor workers and the sharing of meat after the hunt, that is lost then the majority are forain paying hunters(including England who are more distant cultural to Scotland than Norway).

Scotland may be British, but it isn't English, so let's hope they at least preserve hunting. Hunting for red deer in Scotland is probably the most affordable hunting anywhere.

Don't Ever Book a Hunt with Jeff Blair
http://forums.accuratereloadin...821061151#2821061151

Posts: 7570 | Location: Arizona and off grid in CO | Registered: 28 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.fieldsportschannel.tv/election19/

A list over UK political partys bans overview before the election this year.

Sadly it seems like Scotland will be struck the worst, since SNP hates hubting and looks upon it as a English illness ruining the Scottish morale and such on. So if Scotland can not allow foreign hunters up there , together with the rest of UK,a lot of rural economy will faulter.

And with the possible eu lead ban for total of all ammo,windmills, "wolf" the rest of EU and Scandinsvia will suffer alot.

was mr Rigby before a pc crash

Posts: 158 | Location: Kristiansand, Norway | Registered: 05 August 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What a tragic thing to think that the UK's rich hunting and shooting tradition is coming to a close.

Posts: 973 | Location: USA | Registered: 10 November 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Worst case scenario....
Hunting gets banned, legal gun ownership gets banned, and everyone begins poaching...
Bad for the animals and the countryside. lt will look like Kenya in the 70's

Posts: 210 | Location: Misplaced Yorkshireman | Registered: 21 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think there is a bit of a mis-reading of the situation here - both political and in how that related to hunting.

Scotland is so far removed from England politically that any comparison is nearly irrelevant. In the election we will have in just over two weeks it is entirely likely that the Tory party will lose most or all of its seats in Scotland. Everything is up for grabs.

Hunting is similarly viewed very differently - and having spoken to the Minister responsible not in a negative way - but the whole intent is to manage game populations, rather than promote hunting as such. The Scottish Government through its various agencies (Forestry Commission and SNH) have presided over a number of mass culls and this belies what many believe to be an essentially anti-deer policy - the overall intent is to plant more trees, rather than feed these to the deer. Currently Scotland plants 85% of all trees in the UK.

Beyond that I really do not believe there is a serious anti-hunting sentiment in Scotland - it contributes too much to fragile rural economies to be simply done away with.

Anyway - Boris is a lying wanker.....

Posts: 191 | Location: The frozen north of Scotland | Registered: 01 July 2015Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

+1

If Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin had a baby it would look and act just like Boris Johnson.

Posts: 13213 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I absolutely love Deerstalking in Scotland.

If I could pull it off I would go every year.

I have several friends that are Gamekeepers and this would be disasterous to their way of life.

Hopefully nothing will come of this.

Posts: 694 | Location: Santa Ynez Valley, Ca | Registered: 14 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stonecreek:
quote:

+1

If Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin had a baby it would look and act just like Boris Johnson.

Nailed it!! +1

Posts: 191 | Location: The frozen north of Scotland | Registered: 01 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jon2
posted Hide Post
I think this has gone away for now as the MP pushing the bill on this (Zac Goldsmith) lost his seat last Thursday in the General Election here in the UK.

Posts: 596 | Location: Cheshire, England | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jon2:
I think this has gone away for now as the MP pushing the bill on this (Zac Goldsmith) lost his seat last Thursday in the General Election here in the UK.

Don’t bet on it.

Boris’s blonde bimbo is is so anti hunting, she will try her best to get what she wants.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66723 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jon2
posted Hide Post
No I wouldn't bet on most things politics but the reality is there are bigger fish to fry at the moment and for some time - the main one being getting out of the EU.

Posts: 596 | Location: Cheshire, England | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
When the average person is force out of gun ownership and hunting.

By laws and pricing what else do you expect.

They by far have many more votes then the elites.

Posts: 19308 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yup its the reality. Scottish Government has a policy of reducing deer numbers to well below 5 per square km.

It is spending £10m on contractors to shoot deer on Forest Scotland land - using thermal cameras and night licences. A brown is down policy - ie shoot everything on sight.

Causing a massive vacuum into which all other deer go - they get shot as well.

Many estates and guides struggling to find deer so hunting already slowing down.

And venison price has collapsed and dealers not taking deer. With further makes it uneconoMic.

And all in the name of conservation.

Posts: 979 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is spending £10m on contractors to shoot deer on Forest Scotland land - using thermal cameras and night licences. A brown is down policy - ie shoot everything on sight.

The only the government can do it policy brought to US.

By the pro government, anti hunting and firearm groups.

Posts: 19308 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The British Government is asking for evidence on the importance of hunting tourism to the UK.

Please can you all complete the survey on

https://consult.defra.gov.uk/w...ence-trophy-hunting/

The more overseas visitors who can complete and provide evidence the better.

Many thanks

Posts: 979 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Heym SR 20:

Thank you for posting this survey. However, without being in the English hunting conservation organizations or access to these facts, individual hunters across the ocean cannot responses intelligently to this survey.

We cannot answer the questions.

This is information I believe hunting organizations and outfitters need to be providing to clients to combat the anti hunting movement on a grassroots level; not trophy quality.

Sadly, no one is marketing this information. The good outfitters will provide such facts if one ask. But it is not being distributed as mass information.

I obviously wish you and your hunting conservation all the best. I am going to England in 2021 though to roe deer.

Posts: 10588 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I filled it out, and in areas that I had no direct evidence I said so.

Much of my evidence is anecdotal, and certainly not “scientific” but I made the effort.

Posts: 10477 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
<LakersFan>
posted
For the infringed owners of Android and PC, I can offer a new and convenient application, which I recently found https://www.seedboxco.net/ . The combination of really needed applications and cloud storage is what any PC or Android user who wants to facilitate their work needs. In one subscription, a combination of paid apps and tools that need not be renewed or updated separately.