Notify
Tools

Hunting in fenced area in Europe
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of huntromania
posted
Hello gentlemen,
I would love to hear your experience but also your opinions, good or bad about hunting in fenced areas mainly for wild boars.
Thank you!
Marius

Ing. MARIUS VICTOR MERUȚIU
Owner
HUNTROMANIA
contact@huntromania.com
Cell phone +40745280573

Posts: 286 | Location: Romania | Registered: 26 September 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of P-A Åhlén
posted Hide Post
Here in Sweden it i considered a big No No, in bordering Norway and Finland even more NO NO

Posts: 292 | Location: Northernmost Sweden | Registered: 17 July 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For me its a big no go.

But there are plenty of high fenced Areas in Hungary, Austria , Bulgaria , Czech R etc.....so there must be a big Market too.

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have tryed it its fun but its not something i would pay for or save throphys from. Its against my scandinavian hunting etics. Here we have other kinds of hunts wich isnt accepted in other countries. As fixed lights for wildboar and many dont like long running dogs.

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here in Norway and for me personally:
NO NO NO.

Have a good day.

Posts: 125 | Location: Deep woods of Norway | Registered: 24 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thats no hunting, thats killing!

Posts: 561 | Location: northern Germany | Registered: 26 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
+1

Have a good day.

Posts: 125 | Location: Deep woods of Norway | Registered: 24 February 2014Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Andre Mertens
posted Hide Post
Illegal in Belgium. For reasons of traffic security, some parts next to roads may be fenced but the hunting area may not be closed.

André
DRSS
---------

3 shots do not make a group, they show a point of aim or impact.
5 shots are a group.

Posts: 2420 | Location: Belgium | Registered: 25 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Definite no no

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of huntromania
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for your replies!
The reason I asked this questions is that in the last year I received several inquiries regarding hunting boars in fenced area, including one from a hunting team from Finland. I really hope this will not be a new trend.

Owner
HUNTROMANIA
contact@huntromania.com
Cell phone +40745280573

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I really hope this will not be a new trend.

This is not a trend this is reality my friend.
I know about one Truck Transfer from 50+ male boar tuskers stoped on the boundry Hungary/ Romania. The boars where comeing from different "Farmers" in Austria. This is BIG Business !!!

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
Picture of P-A Åhlén
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mboga biga bwana:
quote:
I really hope this will not be a new trend.

This is not a trend this is reality my friend.
I know about one Truck Transfer from 50+ male boar tuskers stoped on the boundry Hungary/ Romania. The boars where comeing from different "Farmers" in Austria. This is BIG Business !!!

This is of course big business. Many of the scenes from the very popular hunting DVD,s "Wild Boar Fever" 1-5 are recorded in fenced areas.

Posts: 292 | Location: Northernmost Sweden | Registered: 17 July 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have shot deer that have got into a fenced areas for regeneration of forests. It's not hunting per se, but trying to get into a buck that's inside the fence can be just as hard as outside especially if it's a few hundred acres or larger.

Posts: 979 | Location: Scotland | Registered: 28 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of P-A Åhlén
posted Hide Post
I have a fenced area of my own. I shoot about 50 animals/year there. The last 20-30 on the cull list is extreamly difficult to get, much more difficult than free range hunting. BUT I would not call it hunting...

One of Us
Picture of huntromania
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-A Åhlén:
This is of course big business. Many of the scenes from the very popular hunting DVD,s "Wild Boar Fever" 1-5 are recorded in fenced areas.

Ahlen, with a little bit of luck, I am very confident that our DVD with bear and boar driven hunt recorded in an OPEN area will became more popular in a very short time. At least among real hunters who like to HUNT!

Owner
HUNTROMANIA
contact@huntromania.com
Cell phone +40745280573

One of Us
Picture of P-A Åhlén
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by huntromania:
quote:
Originally posted by P-A Åhlén:

Ahlen, with a little bit of luck, I am very confident that our DVD with bear and boar driven hunt recorded in an OPEN area will became more popular in a very short time. At least among real hunters who like to HUNT!

Marius,
We are really looking forward to our hunt with you. With 4 camera men we should be able to harvest good scenes...

one of us
Picture of sonofagun
posted Hide Post
Sounds almost like a video game - you walk thru. Frowner

Bob Shaffer

Posts: 1946 | Location: Michigun | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I think it would make a difference depending on several factors - the size of the facility, if the animals were born there, if there are areas where the animals aren't disturbed, etc.

And let's face it, if we aren't hunting on familiar ground but rather hiring a guide or whatever they may be called in your area - you aren't a hunter, we are a checkbook attached to a trigger

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote