Find
Notify
Tools

Having a Clearout
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi All,

I thought I'd make a quick post to advise that I have the items below on e-bay and thought it would be better placed here rather than the Classified Section for anyone that may be interested.

RCBS .243 Win Neck Sizer (Item No. 200210612500)

RCBS .308 Win Neck Sizer (Item No. 200210611292)

RCBS 7mm Rem Mag Neck Sizing Die Set (Item No. 200210614011)

Tikka 1" Low Blued Optilock Mounts (Item No. 200210865466)

Tikka 30mm Low Blued Optilock Mounts (Item No. 20021085871)

All items are little used and in as new condition.

Thanks and regards,

Tim

Posts: 89 | Location: Nantwich, England | Registered: 31 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hi All,

The dies were withdrawn by e-bay yesterday afternoon because they are in contravention of their Firearms, Weapons and Knives Policy. A quick search this morning has found 3,209 knives most of which are the dreaded military style and upteen other firearms and weapons related items - a load being in various e-bay shops!!! I'll be making a complaint for what good it will do when my Optilocks have ended tomorrow morning as I suspect they contravene the policy as well if you read the small print and I don't want to prejudice the sale of those as well.

I feel very hard done by at the moment because they clearly have a policy that they can't police and enforce effectively and I haven't doen anything illegal. Has anyone else experienced this?

Kind regards,

Tim

Posts: 89 | Location: Nantwich, England | Registered: 31 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Tim,

I think the Ebay policy affected a lot of reloaders in the US where it was a big outlet for components. There was amssive outcry and from what I remember one group set up an "e-bay Type thing" specifically for reloading components and gun parts. Not sure if it actually got anywhere.

I can see that it really is a pain, and I'm sure knife sets for the kitchen are sold all over their site.

Rgds,
FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have and it no good at all, had a bunch of reloading kit removed from an auctionsite that was bought up by ebay, made me ticked,

Best regards Chris

quote:
Originally posted by Tim1:
Hi All,

The dies were withdrawn by e-bay yesterday afternoon because they are in contravention of their Firearms, Weapons and Knives Policy. A quick search this morning has found 3,209 knives most of which are the dreaded military style and upteen other firearms and weapons related items - a load being in various e-bay shops!!! I'll be making a complaint for what good it will do when my Optilocks have ended tomorrow morning as I suspect they contravene the policy as well if you read the small print and I don't want to prejudice the sale of those as well.

I feel very hard done by at the moment because they clearly have a policy that they can't police and enforce effectively and I haven't doen anything illegal. Has anyone else experienced this?

Kind regards,

Tim

One of Us
Picture of Cohannon
posted Hide Post
Hi Tim .... Join the club. Just had a set of new factory Heckler & Koch Stanag claw mounts + picatinny rail for same pulled off by eBay. Apparently they quote California law which classes any part of an "assault rifle" as a prohibited item .... Roll Eyes

Posts: 90 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Update:

All items are now sold with the exception of the 7mm Rem Mag Neck Sizing Die Set that can be had for £10.00 plus about £2.00 postage in the UK for anyone that's interested.

Thanks and regards,

Tim