New
Find
Notify
Tools

CWD and Muntjac hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
This adventure started off booking a hunt thru Sam Farrow / Hunt Inter Sam is a good agent answered all my questions and always returned emails in a timely manner.

We were paired up with Alex Nielson of AJN Hunting , Can't say enough about Alex. My Fiance and I hunted for Muntjac and Chinse water deer. the area was Oxfordshire / Didcot for the Muntjac
and Bedfordshire / Woburn for the Chinese water deer. We stayed at a hotel in Oxfordshire called The Steventon House Hotel. Has free breakfast in house dinning. There is also a small breakfast place
near by and a Pub within walking distance. this was a good choice by Alex it was centrally located to each Hunt. Hunts were conducted spot and stalk some driving also high Stands.
Firearm and amunittion was supplyed by Alaxe a Blaser R93 in 243 with a Suppressor we use these all the time so it was the rifle that fit us.
My fiancé harvested a nice Muntjac on her first Moring . About a 5 year old if I remember. We did some spot in stalk with only seeing females then changed area . the next area we called with a whistle
call , sometimes this works and sometimes it don't but luck had it call him with in 50 yrds. I watched as she try to find the little mouse looking deer , Alex asked see it . She replyed No" the scope was fogged
from her beathing on the scope , problem soleved she made a good shot one down. later we went after Chinese Water deer I shot a Gold Medal deer with little over 2 1/2 ' teeth. My Fiance did not harvest her CWD
Nothing alex did wrong 100% shot opertunity. Nerves , low light what ever she gave it her all . she was very happy with the hunt. the next few days I harvested a Muntjac and also a female Muntjac.
Can't say enough how pleased we were with Alex Nielson , he is a new found friend and we will be booking a Roe deer hunt in the future. But who knows my fiance might try for another Chinse Water deer.
ALEXANDER NIELSON +447718747217

Posts: 1456 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post

Posts: 672 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will post when I remember how

Posts: 1456 | Location: maryland / Clayton Delaware | Registered: 16 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ken,
Glad you had a great time and it was a pleasure to host you. Alex also sends his regards.

Dip & pack will be on the way asap.

Regards,
Sam.

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on what sounds like a great hunt. What is the best time of year for this?

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
November through to March, however the CWD hair starts to change soon so we recommend coming up till the first week of March.

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tried to post pictures have not figured wha I am doing wrong

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post