New
Find
Notify
Tools

Exporting Rifle USA to Germany
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Anyone have recent experience exporting a rifle from USA to Germany? I would like to know what the process is on both the USA and German sides.
Curious how long it takes to get the proper export paperwork. A German manufacturer with offices here in the USA is going to send one of their rifles back to Germany for warranty repairs . I would expect this is a somewhat common process for the manufacturer. It is now going on three weeks, still no paperwork. I also posted this inquiry in Gunsmithing.

Posts: 657 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A proper export from a USA to German license holder would take a couple of months. Lots of paper work, export and import license etc.

If it’s going back for warranty you need to remember c19 closed many businesses in Europe. Normally a rifle would go back to the main country distributor via a dealer then once they have a bundle they’d be shipped back to Germany but often warranty work would be carried out in country to stop the horrendous courier charges

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
It seems very strange that it would go back to Germany.

The cost of doing this would be prohibitive, unless it was something like a Heym I am doubtful that Blaser/Mauser/Sauer, Krieghoff or Merkel would do something like that as they would have the Ferlach, Ulm or Suhl trained buchsenmachers here to be able to take care of the situation.

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hunt Inter:
A proper export from a USA to German license holder would take a couple of months. Lots of paper work, export and import license etc.

If it’s going back for warranty you need to remember c19 closed many businesses in Europe. Normally a rifle would go back to the main country distributor via a dealer then once they have a bundle they’d be shipped back to Germany but often warranty work would be carried out in country to stop the horrendous courier charges

Hunt Inter:
Thanks for the information. They are telling me once they have the export paperwork they would simply put it on a plane (DHL?)and fly the rifle back to Germany for the repairs . Today is starting week four of waiting for the export paperwork. The manufacturer said I would have the rifle back to me after being repaired in Germany by June 30th. I am sure they send back rifles to Germany on a somewhat regular basis. We will see.

Posts: 657 | Location: Western USA | Registered: 08 September 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 4WD:
quote:
Originally posted by Hunt Inter:

Hunt Inter:
Thanks for the information. They are telling me once they have the export paperwork they would simply put it on a plane (DHL?)and fly the rifle back to Germany for the repairs . Today is starting week four of waiting for the export paperwork. The manufacturer said I would have the rifle back to me after being repaired in Germany by June 30th. I am sure they send back rifles to Germany on a somewhat regular basis. We will see.

What rifle is it, and whats wrong with it?

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote