Find
Notify
Tools

Happy days on Arran
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of puntgunner
posted
so we do not forget what a magical Island Arran is, please share with me a few pictures of our outing from last year.

View across Whiting Bay

The luck of the Irish !!!( again !!!!!)

My well earned 11 pointer on the last day

My stalking partener, Pete, with the same beast

The end of a fantastic week

The guys that we are so grateful too

Looking forward to this year already

Posts: 181 | Location: Home counties, England | Registered: 15 June 2005Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Paul,

The bring back some good memories!
Very much looking forward to going back this year if everything works out...

Regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TOP_PREDATOR
posted Hide Post
Great photos,is anyone taking a video camera this year on the AR stalking trip.

"Never in the field of human conflict
was so much owed by so many to so few." Sir Winston Churchill

Posts: 1870 | Location: Throughout the British Empire | Registered: 08 October 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Which one was shot at 280yds??? LOL

Posts: 85 | Location: Glasgow, Scotland | Registered: 11 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice pictures and some nice trophy stags too!

The Arran scheme is a great idea, I hope it comtinues to be such a success and perhaps further areas can be opened up in the UK, who knows?

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Going to Arran this summer for a wedding,looking forward to seeing some of the island,haerd good things about it.

Posts: 58 | Location: Oslo,Norway | Registered: 24 June 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Latham
posted Hide Post
If only I had the skill of the Irish!, I could post five cracking pics, Anyone willing to receive attachments of pics, We only just invented the wheel here! acknowledgements to Tony Willis (partner on visit), Steve in Chester.

Posts: 683 | Location: Chester UK, Home city of the Green collars. | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Steve, mail them to me at c.n( @ )adv-wo.se, when typing in the adress do dismiss the ( ), best regards Chris

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If only I had the skill of the Irish!,

no chance! we're born with it! jumping thumb

Posts: 290 | Location: N.Ireland | Registered: 12 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Latham
posted Hide Post
On the way, many thanks, Steve:

Posts: 683 | Location: Chester UK, Home city of the Green collars. | Registered: 14 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Latham
posted Hide Post
Doh!!!, bounced back twice homer

one of us
posted Hide Post
I am finding those pictures sorely tempting....

Do you all drive up to Arran?

Posts: 2359 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Cohannon
posted Hide Post
Nice pics PG,the luck of the Paddys is only there to keep you Brits honest. Looking forward to seeing some familiar faces on week 3 and, of course, the new recruits ..... Smiler

Posts: 90 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
If thats the case I will make sure that all, and excuse the politically incorrect terminology here "paddy's" get really good beats
"honest" Wink

regards
griff

Posts: 1178 | Location: scotland | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Latham:
Doh!!!, bounced back twice homer

try christian.nordin.jurkand @ gmail.com

I´ll get them pics sorted for you..

Best regards Chris

One of Us
Picture of Cohannon
posted Hide Post
Ah Griff, we all accept that your honesty is only exceeded by your ample charm and good looks. The boys from the Emerald Isle will be quite happy whatever beats we land. Good company, good "food", and a week in the land of the free with a good rifle shorten a long winter. How is the Italian coming on, have the young fillys at Cloudbase swooned before your latin chat lines? ... archer

Posts: 90 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 23 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We"ll hold you to that Griff!
The load development and and practise will begin in earnest shortly, anticipation mounting.....
good shooting

Posts: 669 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys these are the pics Steve Latham was talking about, btw I take no responsibility for them Wink

Best regards to you all/Chris

One of Us
Picture of Steve Latham
posted Hide Post
Many thanks to Chris for his willing help, just a quick footnote, I wrecked the landscapes I was trying to send out, so substituted these, acknowledgements to Tony W. he's the guy with the Imperial on the first monday p.m. shoot, I'm the little fat guy in the background helping to get the argo in.

One of Us
Picture of Cohannon
posted Hide Post
Okay it's time I had a go at uploading some Arran pics

Recovery Griff style; Gary's left and right.

Recovery Bob style; Alan's right, left is in the larder.

One to remember in my old age

October seems a long way off but already looking forward to walking the hills of Arran one more time. Smiler

One of Us
Picture of SIKA98K
posted Hide Post
Jeepers is that Saddam Hussein with a stag?
Actually Alan and I are in Hungary right now and I cant resist doing this !
Ps he missed a fox last night

Posts: 456 | Location: Ireland | Registered: 12 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ovny
posted Hide Post
Great trophies, sir, but Are you a question you can hunt with silencer?, I have seen in a photograph a rifle with silencer.

Thanks and congratulations,

Oscar.

I am Spanish

My forum:www.armaslargasdecaza.com

Posts: 1131 | Location: Spain (Madrid) | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes Oscar, in the UK and Ireland we can use sound moderators. I would not hunt without them.

One of Us
Picture of ovny
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes Oscar, in the UK and Ireland we can use sound moderators. I would not hunt without them

In Spain are totally prohibited for hunting, because they are used by poachers. I understand that are useful for example when hunting at a time when some animal species other than what is permitted hunt is raising. Congratulations again for trophies.

Oscar.

I am Spanish

My forum:www.armaslargasdecaza.com

Posts: 1131 | Location: Spain (Madrid) | Registered: 11 June 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Suppressors(not really silencers) are useful but they make the rifle awkward to carry and unbalanced.
Yes, they are used by poachers here too(that"s why 308 has one!)
good shooting

Posts: 669 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 18 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Now Now Girls!!

jumping

Posts: 1178 | Location: scotland | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
At least I dont use a barb wire fence to catch out of season deer! stir

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I"m sorry, that was"nt true, he does"nt use it for poaching.
It"s so he does"nt break the winscreen with the muzzle blast! pissers
good shooting

One of Us
Picture of Cohannon
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIKA98K:
Jeepers is that Saddam Hussein with a stag?
Actually Alan and I are in Hungary right now and I cant resist doing this !
Ps he missed a fox last night

Ha Ha Angus! having sat for the first two nights freezing my buns off waiting for pigs to appear, the silver/grey coloured fox was irrestible. Is the Hungarian eqivalent of "buck fever" known as "swine fever"...? If so I am guilty, and there is one very lucky fox awaiting the halls of Valhalla next time. Your hunting package, ex Ireland, was superb and the social activity wasn't three bad either.
Many thanks .... Alan Smiler