Find
Notify
Tools

North Macedonian Balkan Chamois
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hi all

Just returned from a hunt in North Macedonia, organised by AR's Caracal.

First time I've hunted chamois outside of New Zealand's South Island, and what a fantstic experience it was!

The area is wild and impressive, but only 2 hours from Skopje International Airport.

I booked a 4 day hunt, but took my buck before noon on the first day. My guide and I were on the hill for 6 hours in total on the first day.

I stopped counting chamois at 50.

Obviously there are no guarantees in free range mountain hunts, however, based on my recent experience, I'd expect you can see +100 chamois if you spend the day on the hill.

We tried for a roe buck for the remaining days but didn't see the one I wanted.

The red stags had began to roar, and what magnificant stags we saw!

It was great to see reasonably fresh bear sign, but the highlight was seeing 3 wolves up close.

The lodge was clean and comfortable, my guide a great fella, notwithstanding our language barrier. The cook was committed to fattening his guests with fanstatic meals.

It was a great experience all round. From being picked up and dropped off at the airport, the entire experience was positive.

As was my experience dealing with Dennis.

A phone call and an exchange of emails, and the hunt was booked. First time I've booked a hunt through an agent and I'd have no hesitation recommending Caracal's services.

Dennis might come along later and post a photo of my buck.

Posts: 160 | Location: Sydney, Australia | Registered: 31 July 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
Thank you very much for the report!

Here is a picture of your buck.

It was a pleasure to be part of your hunt and i am looking forward to the next.

Best regards,
Dennis

http://www.dr-safaris.com/
Instagram: dr-safaris

Posts: 2064 | Location: Around the wild pockets of Europe | Registered: 09 January 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Great report and super nice trophy! Well done.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7509 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote