New
Find
Notify
Tools

8 work days to Bulgaria
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I work one Saturday in there, but the excitement is finally here.

Becca and I will leave out on October 10, 2019 for Cincinnati and be on a Delta flight for Charles De Gaulle To Paris. There we will spend a 2 1/2 lay over at De Gaulle (one needs every minute of it to get through that Inferno Hell). Then an AIrFrance ride to Sophia, Bulgaria.

The trip will end with a 4 hour vehicle ride to Red Stag and Mufloun.

I have been shooting pretty well. Thank you Matt Detrorre.

Win or lose does not matter. 7 days of being in cool, alpine weather with a rifle in my hand. My wife with me after a safe trip is all I ask for. Everything else is just everything else.

Posts: 10755 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Safe trip. Happy hunting. Looking forward to reading the report!!

Cheers

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2256 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds cool. Free Range, Estate, or both ?
Some pics of the Mouflon country would be appreciated, if possible.
Best of luck on your hunt.

Hunting.... it's not everything, it's the only thing.

Posts: 2011 | Location: New Zealand's North Island | Registered: 13 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Free Range. Hunt set up by Ajurn Reedy. Details will be in the Hunt Report.

My wife is in charge of photos.

Posts: 10755 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I did this hunt about 20 years ago. Bulgaria is a bizarre place. The contrasts you will see, at least we did back then, was pretty wild. I vividly remember the bomb shelters.

The agriculture was most impressive. Corn and sun flowers.

I didn’t get a stag. We were the victims of a highly unusual heat wave. It was over 100 in the shade. Should have been in the 40’s.

Posts: 11941 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Should be amazing!

Posts: 7767 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We are starting to pack tonight. Crisis adverted and some money has been saved. My wife’s hair straightener was made ina nd works with European power outlets.

Thank you guys. I have been planning this trip for the better part of 2 years.

One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post

Posts: 674 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of bwanamrm
posted Hide Post
Good luck... I really enjoy European hunting and the tradition surrounding it. So far I've done Spain, Scotland, Croatia and Romania, would love to hear your thoughts on Bulgaria. I hear they have some of the largest stag on the continent.

On the plains of hesitation lie the bleached bones of ten thousand, who on the dawn of victory lay down their weary heads resting, and there resting, died.

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch...
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!
- Rudyard Kipling

Life grows grim without senseless indulgence.

Posts: 7522 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: 30 March 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
One more day. Come home finish packing. We leave out Thursday at 12:30 pm.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
Joshua and Wife, ought to be back in the next couple days.

I hope they had a really fine trip.

Posts: 7767 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Guys and Ladies:

Wife and I are setting in the Intercontinental Bar in Sophia having a celebratory drink.

The hunting was hard from a physical standpoint. The travel logistics were rough. However, everyone bent over backwards to make this enjoyable.

We fly out tomorrow at 500 am local time. In the days to come, I will give a full report. I have a lot of office fires to attend when I get back.

In sort, the trip was satisfying.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We arrived late last nights in N.KY. The plane out of ATL was delayed three hours on a four hour layover. Our bags did not make it on the plane. We drove home last night.

I drove back up this morning to pick up the bags. They are suppose to be here at 1:41.

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

Pleased for you both and really looking forward to this report! Congratulations.

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2256 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
PN me your email or iPhone number and I will send you pictures.

It is looking like next week before I can get to a report. The office is demanding.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have spent the weekend working on the Hunt Report. I will warn you now, it is long.

I am almost done. I will try to finish it at least as a rough draft tomorrow. If anyone wants pictures please P.M. me an email or Iphone number.

If you want pictures of lodging and food, please let me know.