New
Find
Notify
Tools

England had banned Crow and Pigeon
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I do not claim to understand England. I gather a general license is issued for Crow and Pigeon.

A lot of those buggers flying around. Then England stopped issuing the General License which resulted in a lot of crop damage and lost jobs.

Apparently, this ban has been reversed. Yet, bloody hell.

I do not know the how or the why to any of this.

Can someone give us the details?

Posts: 10608 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
lt's becoming a SNAFU situation.....

Chris Pinhead and his bunch of self righteous chums challenged the gov't general license system in the courts, but instead of sorting the issue with a swift "get te fek!!!" they stuttered and imposed a ban until they thought they'd sorted the situation at least as far as keeping their jobs was concerned.
Skip ahead, and we now have a system where they first dictate what if any will be allowed to be controlled through the license, and then we have to fulfil criteria such as crop/animal/hygiene protection to be allowed to carry out the controls on our land.
l could trap magpies this year, but not others, and then only if there were "red list" (endangered/protected) nesting birds to be protected.
lt drives many to a SSandSTFU situation, which is no better....

Posts: 210 | Location: Misplaced Yorkshireman | Registered: 21 March 2011Reply With Quote