THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM EUROPEAN HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  European Big Game Hunting    Bears in Slovenia, Romania and Estonia

Moderators: Pete E
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bears in Slovenia, Romania and Estonia
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
Anyone ever hunt bears in Eastern Europe/Baltics?

Any good outfitters you trust?

Posts: 7763 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miketaylor
posted Hide Post
Hi BWW,

Contact Tomo Svetic, he is the owner of Artemis Hunting Ltd. The website is www.artemis-hunting.com

He can offer you a bear hunt in the Baltics.

With kind regards
Mike
Mike Taylor Sporting
Hunting, Fishing & Photographic Safaris Worldwide
+44 7930 524 097
mtaylorsporting@gmail.com
Instagram - miketaylorsporting

Posts: 679 | Location: England  | Registered: 22 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by miketaylor:
Hi BWW,

Contact Tomo Svetic, he is the owner of Artemis Hunting Ltd. The website is www.artemis-hunting.com

He can offer you a bear hunt in the Baltics.

.....you might want to google that name well before putting any money down.....

Posts: 191 | Location: The frozen north of Scotland | Registered: 01 July 2015Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
I wonder if Ukraine has any bear hunting available
At least in western part along borders with Romania, Slovakia and Poland
It’s gotta be thick with them

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Romania has a good number of bears but I think the seasons are still closed. You should check with Marius Merutu at huntromania.

https://huntromania.com/

"I speak of Africa and golden joys; the joy of wandering through lonely lands; the joy of hunting the mighty and terrible lords of the wilderness, the cunning, the wary and the grim."
Theodore Roosevelt, Khartoum, March 15, 1910

Posts: 250 | Location: Central Massachusetts | Registered: 02 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
Plenty going on in Slovenia - quota of 200 was planned for this year - had a rather succesful season until greenies jumped the wagon.

Bears are regularly hunted by foreign clients here - an outfiter with good connections is a must.

Here is one from some time ago:

Brown bear 1

And a more recent one - we were checking baits and all of a sudden this guy showed up...ne fear of man whatsoever - might get tricky when he grows some:

Brown bear 2

And here is (probably) the biggest bear shot in Slovenia ever - it was shot this spring by an Austrian client:

Posts: 2026 | Location: Slovenia | Registered: 28 April 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Hell of medvěd

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mouse93:
Plenty going on in Slovenia - quota of 200 was planned for this year - had a rather succesful season until greenies jumped the wagon.

Bears are regularly hunted by foreign clients here - an outfiter with good connections is a must.

Here is one from some time ago:

Brown bear 1

And a more recent one - we were checking baits and all of a sudden this guy showed up...ne fear of man whatsoever - might get tricky when he grows some:

Brown bear 2

And here is (probably) the biggest bear shot in Slovenia ever - it was shot this spring by an Austrian client:

the last one wow very ompressive.

around koceve rog?

Posts: 1721 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
Close - Ribnica.

One of Us
Picture of Jon2
posted Hide Post
Would you happen to know the weight of the bear in the picture above at all Mouse? I mean as it is on the hook.

Posts: 596 | Location: Cheshire, England | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
Bit late - had a brush with Covid - Jon2 it was 380 kg

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

WOW

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Romania is overrun with Brownies.
If you drive by car overland through the lowlands of Transylvania it is common to see Bears not far from the Road early evening or morning.

Nec Timor Nec Temeritas

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

huge by any standard. thank you.

Posts: 1721 | Location: Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada. | Registered: 21 May 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skyline
posted Hide Post
That last bear is a fantastic trophy.

I don't see it in the posts, but what about Croatia. As I understand it from a friend over there, there is some excellent brown bear hunting in the northern part of country.

The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who are bereft of that gift.

Posts: 1806 | Location: Northern Rockies, BC | Registered: 21 July 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of mouse93
posted Hide Post
Croatia also has some great bear hunting in the Lika and Gorski Kotar - these parts are connected with Slovenian south parts and I am quite sure the big bear on the pic was regulary crossing the border with Croatia - bears like this have a huge living area

...and then there is Bosnia - maybe the best there is.
In former Yugoslavia Tito was hunting bears mainly in Bosnia (Bugojno). As far as I know there is still good bear hunting there, however a good trusty connection is a must, since things changed quite some after the war.

One of Us
Picture of Jon2
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thank you Mouse and wow!

Posts: 596 | Location: Cheshire, England | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote