THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM EUROPEAN HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  European Big Game Hunting    New German fire arm registration requirements?

Moderators: Pete E
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New German fire arm registration requirements?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
My understanding is that the new law now requires every serialized thing that constitutes a firearm to be registered.

Does this sound right?

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Even Krauts turned stupid?

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just like UK, where you have do a variation for a new silencer.

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

All firearms and main parts (silencers) were previously registered at the local firearms police office any ways.

The new legislation (1 September) is geared more towards tracking where forearms are and are more cumbersome on the gun trade than private persons.

Each gun owner, trader, manufacturer etc must now apply for a national firearms ID number and each weapon is listed on that with a ref number. If you take one of your guns to a gunsmith for repairs for example, he / they must register that the gun is held with them. If they sell a new or used gun they will need to register the gun, the seller and the buyer with the new ID numbers.

Basically MORE CONTROL of legally held and traded firearms implemented and driven by the Greens and the antis.....

More concerning to me is the push against lead ammo in shotguns and rifles in Europe. If that goes through thousands and thousands of classic and historically fantastic shotguns and rifles will become obsolete over night!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2258 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The US military in Germany now have to register all serialized parts.

So if a bolt (R8, 404, 202, R93, whatever) has it's own serial it has to be on the WBK the same as the rest of the rifle.

At least that is the way I interpret what the American Rod and Gun clubs are saying.

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This could be a major hassle. Swedish mausers, for example, have serial numbers on almost every part, firing pins, rear sights, stocks, butt plates, several bolt parts, barrels, floor plates, nose caps, etc. Probably some sporting arms follow a similar practice.

Posts: 83 | Location: Eastern USA | Registered: 08 December 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
What’s wrong with people/politicians?
As usual, protecting criminals is the way to go

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.

“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
Germans have some weird ideas on gun laws. A friend of ours came over from Germany on vacation a couple of years ago + when he saw that I had a pistol lying on a table in my shop he said, "If I were at home in Germany it would be my duty to report you to the police for having a weapon." And this was a friend on vacation.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted Hide Post

NC, Thats maybe a bit extreme "report to police" etc but you certainly cannot leave a gun laying around the house or the car in Germany thats for sure! That would cost you your license!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2258 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NormanConquest
posted Hide Post
I'm only repeating what he said. I haven't been to Germany since the early 60s but I'm sure it has changed drastically.

Never mistake motion for action.

Posts: 17357 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: 11 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
In Sweden you have to have a licence if you have extra barrels, action, or , bolt parts (and full firearms).

Posts: 3611 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 02 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Sad part is, you guys allow your own politicians you vote in to do that to you
We are lucky in US that we have 2nd amendment but it is still a fight because even here politicians want that to happen here

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nordic2:
In Sweden you have to have a licence if you have extra barrels, action, or , bolt parts (and full firearms).

Does that mean if you had, say, a switch-barrel Sauer 202, you would need permission ahead of time to buy an extra barrel in a different caliber?

Posts: 675 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Same as here.

Posts: 600 | Location: England  | Registered: 07 June 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Does that mean if you had, say, a switch-barrel Sauer 202, you would need permission ahead of time to buy an extra barrel in a different caliber?"

Yes you need a permission to buy a barrel but doesnt count as a whole rifle in 6 six gun max "hunting cabinet" which are the limit for most hunters.

One of Us
Picture of Hannay
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Does that mean if you had, say, a switch-barrel Sauer 202, you would need permission ahead of time to buy an extra barrel in a different caliber?"

Yes you need a permission to buy a barrel but doesnt count as a whole rifle in 6 six gun max "hunting cabinet" which are the limit for most hunters.

Thanks for the clarification. Done any roebuck hunting this season?

Posts: 675 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: 27 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
What the hell is wrong with you guys over in Europe
What a great continent and great people and nobody has got balls to stand up to these nazi politicians
Pretty sad world

“ Hávamál”

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

My jagdschein allowed me to buy as many rifles and shotguns as I wanted, and 2 pistols. I could have 3 pistols if I had a trapping license and one was a 22LR.

You did not have to ask persmission to buy another firearm.

Sport shooters were much more limited, but I never cared to research about what they could do. As I didn't shoot competitions. They are very limited on what they can own, and quantities.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would add that every barrel or new firearm would have to be registered individually within 7 days of purchase to your firearm possession card and local government.

US Military have to register through the office in Sembach. Which in tern goes to another Germany office in Berlin (I beleive).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
"Thanks for the clarification. Done any roebuck hunting this season?"

No i haven`t done any roebuck hunting this year my area are not so good for roe.

"I could have 3 pistols if I had a trapping license and one was a 22LR."

Its possible to have a .22rl pistol for trap or den hunting in sweden but its not many who has got a permit.

Competition rifles, shotguns, pistols can you have as many you can explain a need for. Normally its difficult to explain a need for more than 10 handguns, you have to be a member of a shooting/competition organisation who gives you a paper to show your need (what competition you have taken part of).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nordic, we moved to back to the USA about a 18 months ago. So I have only hunted the peccaries and Barbary sheep that live here in New Mexico.

I have wapiti tags for October though.