THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM EUROPEAN HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  European Big Game Hunting    List of AW's & CW's Available for DSC2 Assessment

Moderators: Pete E
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

List of AW's & CW's Available for DSC2 Assessment
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of DJM
posted
Pete,

Could we have a Sticky of AR members who are AW's and would be willing to do AW stalks for fuel costs only, and who would be willing to give advice etc prior to the members setting off to do their DSC2.

This is a recurring theme and mainly centres around the candidate not contacting an Assessor or impartial AW prior to doing stalk and things going wrong.

What are others thoughts?

Posts: 585 | Location: Lincolnshire, England | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
DJM,

That was something I was just about to suggest myself..

Also I'd like to invite those who already hold their Level Two and are willing to act as a Credible Witness...

I would suggest that people who are willing to help just make a post with their name, whether they can act as an AW or CW, their general location, roughly what they would charge, and whether they can "Host" (ie have access to ground,) or "Visit" (ie travel to ground organised by the Candidate)

I would ask Candidates with questions either PM or email the AW/CW directly, or if the questions are of a more general nature, start a new thread to avoid cluttering this one up...I will endeavour to keep thread tidy by deleting any spurious posts...

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DJM
posted Hide Post
Ok then I will go first,

I am an AW based in the East Midlands, but stalk, or manage deer all over the UK, and am willing to answer questions or act as an AW.

Unfortunately I do not currently have any ground to take candidates out on so it would have to be your own ground.

I do quite a bit of DSC1 and stalker training and would be willing to help any AR members who have queries on DSC 1 or general deer management.

Let me know where you are and we can go from there. Being able to cover fuel costs would be good but I may be in your area anyway.

Posts: 585 | Location: Lincolnshire, England | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I'm an AW based in North Wales, but do travel.

I'm unable to host Candidates at this point, but willing to either witness or assist with coaching/questions ect.

Donations towards travel expenses would be welcome, but no fees for the assessment.

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm an AW based in Lincolnshire.

I'm unable to host Candidates, but willing to either witness.

Depending on distance a donations towards travel expenses would be welcome.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm an AW based in South West Scotland.I am able to host candidates and have access to three Self catering lodges at approx £15 pp pn.
I do charge an outing fee but nothing for filling in the portfolio.I also do not charge for animals shot!

regards
griff

Posts: 1178 | Location: scotland | Registered: 28 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nightwalker uk
posted Hide Post
What a great idea, well done DJM!

I am an AW also based in Derbyshire, I could help out at a push but am tied at work at present, and do not really have any suitable candidate stalking oppurtunities at present. Advice can be freely given though!

Posts: 418 | Location: Derbyshire, England | Registered: 09 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of puntgunner
posted Hide Post
I'm AW in the Home Counties. I'm willing to coach or witness on your patch for a little help with the travel expenses.

I can also help with limited hosting. Stalking and trophy fees (if applicable), plus B&B charges.

Regards

Posts: 181 | Location: Home counties, England | Registered: 15 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Withdrawn, due to revised criteria.
T260

Posts: 56 | Location: UK | Registered: 08 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am an AW and cover the south west of scotland i will accompany any one with in 15 miles of glasgow and only ask for fuel money. I am also willing to go out and teach advies for the same fee. I have my own grounds and if any one wants to use that for a lev 2 stalk or a training stalk the cost is £60 it is roe deer only.

Posts: 137 | Location: Central belt Scotland | Registered: 30 November 2009Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Gents,

I've deleted a handful of posts that had nothing to do with the intent of this particular thread.

David has offered his services as can any member who is an AW...Please lets leave the personal sniping alone and perhaps return to talking about stalking and hunting in a civillised manner...

regards,

Peter

Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
This seems rather pointless as when anybody registers for Level 2 they are given a list of AW's UK wide. All they have to do is go to the county and then choose a telephone dialling code nearest them or where they want to stalk and then get in touch, all the contact phone No's are listed.

Posts: 70 | Location: England/Wiltshire | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of DJM
posted Hide Post
So how does a candidate know from the list if one of the AW's is on here and what the costs are.

Additionally the list from DMQ is by County of Residence not area of Operation.

Even though I live in Lincolnshire I have done lots of DSC2 witnessing for guys in your area as appearently they cannot find anyone in that area willing to witnaess a stalk.

So even this many years on it seems as well to have this as a sticky.

Additionally this is the Euro Forum so there could be members that come to England on a regular basis that may wish to undertake this assessment, by having this sticky they can ask the correctly placed persons for advice.

JMHO

Deer Management Training, Mentoring & DSC 2 Witnessing

Please PM or deermanagementservices@gmail.com for details

Dama International: The Fallow Deer Project

Picture of Eatie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DJM:
1. So how does a candidate know from the list if one of the AW's is on here and what the costs are.

2. Additionally the list from DMQ is by County of Residence not area of Operation.

3. Even though I live in Lincolnshire I have done lots of DSC2 witnessing for guys in your area as appearently they cannot find anyone in that area willing to witnaess a stalk.

So even this many years on it seems as well to have this as a sticky.

4. Additionally this is the Euro Forum so there could be members that come to England on a regular basis that may wish to undertake this assessment, by having this sticky they can ask the correctly placed persons for advice.JMHO

Hi Dave, I see you are still getting about then ;-)

1. It does not matter if the AW has his name on here or not the candidate still has to telephone to find out his costs, if any.

2. The candidate has the option of contacting an AW based on area of domicile or can contact an AW with a telephone code of the county the candidate wishes to operate in.

3. The stalking world is rather small and close knit, so if you have done 'lots' of witnessing in my area I would know about it but can't think of any at the moment.
I have done several in other areas for the same reason they gave you about my area so maybe it's just a 'said thing'

4. Anybody visiting from abroad has to have a sponsor, presumeably the sponsor will be living in UK and aware of the DMQ system so I would expect them to do the ground work should such a visitor from abroad wish to undertake the assesment.

The bottom line is that if a candidate cannot find an AW from the list using either method I've mentioned above, I'm not sure they should be out on their own. The other point I feel strongly about is if an AW isn't willing to Witness, rather than unable to, then they should be reported to DMQ by the candidate.

Stalking since the fifties, mentoring since the early eighties and witnessing since shortly after it's inception. Due to present life style, always available for witnessing within fifty miles of my residence.

Posts: 70 | Location: England/Wiltshire | Registered: 09 May 2003Reply With Quote