Tools

boldock bash
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of puntgunner
posted
just to let some of you guys know whot's in store
know what your in for

Posts: 181 | Location: Home counties, England | Registered: 15 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of solvi
posted Hide Post
dancing

Just one more week

Skype username
solvijoh

Posts: 497 | Location: Iceland | Registered: 27 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of puntgunner
posted Hide Post
Possibly fallow as well

Posts: 181 | Location: Home counties, England | Registered: 15 June 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks mate, and how do you suppose we are to sleep well after that.

Season been closed for about a month and a half in Sweden and I am suffering for it.

Great pics by the way, are they local baldock or from some other place?

/Chris

One of Us
Picture of Claret_Dabbler
posted Hide Post
Starting to twitch here too.

Been analysing this way too much. I am really tempted to bring my .222rem and forget about the fallow, even have a load worked up for it, 55gr Hornady Interlock, 23.7gr Benchmark.

I really, really, really want to bring the little rifle.... Smiler

I can shoot a fallow here anytime.

Just because you are paranoid, doesn't mean they are not out to get you....

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Are these resent photos?
... Ah, green grass, leaves on the trees, great muntjac, a doe in the thicket and a nice fallow buck Big Grin
What a way to start the 2008 hunting season thumb

Counting days now dancing

Arild Iversen.

Posts: 1877 | Location: Southern Coast of Norway. | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jon2
posted Hide Post
Punt

Thankyou for posting. It looks a great spot.

What did the Muntjac in the picture measure in at (cm's)?

Thanks

Posts: 596 | Location: Cheshire, England | Registered: 06 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Brian, You Know what will happen if you bring the wee gun...... you'll see feck all but Fallow bucks! Roll Eyes

Posts: 290 | Location: N.Ireland | Registered: 12 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 308mate:
Brian, You Know what will happen if you bring the wee gun...... you'll see feck all but Fallow bucks! Roll Eyes

I know, I know.

And if I bring the 270, all I will see will be Muntjac, which will get damn near cut in half by the beast.

Posts: 1484 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Claret_Dabbler:

And if I bring the 270, all I will see will be Muntjac, which will get damn near cut in half by the beast.

Congratulations - you just found a reason to own a 243... clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That top photo of the lean too is pretty special! Wonderful atmospheric shot - it's about to become my screen saver if I can work out how.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1894mk2:
That top photo of the lean too is pretty special! Wonderful atmospheric shot - it's about to become my screen saver if I can work out how.

Agree entirely.

One of the reasons I am really looking forward to this is that we have so little broadleaf woodland in Ireland, it is great to get out in proper woodland.

Right click on the photo, you should be able to click on "save picture as" this saves it to your hard drive. Then go to the hard drive location for the photo and right click again, and click on "set as background", this will apply it as wallpaper.

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
Chaps.....

Have a good one !

thats all i trust myself to say at the moment.....

Wink

Regards,

Amir

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Amir, what now, feeling a bit of withdrawl?

Anyways thought I would share a pic from my parking lot this passed weekend, and btw it´s snowing like mad right now to.

/Chris

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
You could say that Chris!

My next trip isn't until the 12th April.......

Posting shots evocative of the unspoilt scandanavian wilderness, taken from your doorstep, step helps my mood immensely, thank you. thumb

Posts: 11731 | Location: London, UK | Registered: 02 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Amir, if you look closely one can see the tracks of both the local "domesticated roe" a hare that only eats the neighbors sunflower seeds and a three legged fox, trafic victim I have assumed.

the fox has "skabb"= mange?! and ought to be shot, somehow it´s just to darn clever and eludes the community game people all the time, well that sorts the local wild life, last winter we had a few moose just passing by, that scared the wits out of my neighbors, I just enjoyed watching them.

Until the 12 of april them Amir?

Best regards Chris

One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

One day, when i'm profitably employed and have the time to learn the language, I hope to end up somewhere not a million miles away from your environs. Until then i'll have to content myself with green hills of the Marcus Garvey Memorial park and the sunset chorus of feral kids howling incoherently by my window....

quote:
Until the 12th.

Touche Chris, touche..... Big Grin

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Amir,

I'm assuming that the feral kids are not of the goat variety...?

there I go thinking with my stomach again...
Roll Eyes
FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Ghubert
posted Hide Post
If only... 2020

Sadly these ones aren't on license and protected by law. The particularly prize specimens, the ones that tend to roar the loudest in the nightly rut, are even electronically tagged, big risk taking one of those...

Regards,

Amir

One of Us
Picture of puntgunner
posted Hide Post
Hi,

94. Thanks for appreciating my work!
The seat is about 7 miles from Baldock. So the terrain will be similar to what you will be looking forward too.

The buck was just a buck. About 3â€, no brow tines ( 8cm ).
The pedicle does not count in the length.

I’m between computers at the moment , so posting pictures is a problem.
I will stick some more up of unusual head ( more my cup of tea) , that I have shot soon. But, in the mean time, I am looking forward to meeting all of you on the day.

Regards

one of us
posted Hide Post
Oh Yesssssssssssss! Smiler

The Red Gods have smiled on the AR'ites gathered at Baldock. The weather has moderated from gale warnings with driving rain - to blue skies and a brisk 15 mph wind.

The deer have been encouraged by this and have been very much in evidence.

Doubtless, there will be in depth posts revealing all but suffice to say this......

Putting aside the great food, new friends and awesome social - at this, the half way point of the weekend....... our 14 hunters have put 39 deer in the larder!!!! dancing

Rgds from the FIRST AR EURO CONVENTION

Ian Smiler

Just taking my rifle for a walk!........

Posts: 1306 | Location: Devon, UK | Registered: 21 August 2001Reply With Quote