New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can someone enlighten me on CIC
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
As an American, I can do a pretty good job of judging trophies by our Boone & Crocket/SCI systems. However, I've been looking at some European/Western Russia hunts and was wondering if there is some comparison to be made with the CIC system. Also, like what would a 220cm bear be... a 7 footer? And what would a 15cm bear be?? I saw one listing for a price difference in a 14cm and a 15cm bear. Just trying to make a comparison? Thanks in advance.

Posts: 1330 | Location: Western NC | Registered: 08 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
220cm is 7 footer

Overall CIC is not the greatest system, besides they weight horns and skull and you pay accordingly

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
CIC is very complicated. IMHO behind the system there is a purely subjective "beauty" concept. For example, the scoring system for chamois involves the length of the horns, as well as their height and their spread.
The three measurement are multiplied by certain coefficients and summed together. However, if the horn spread is wider than the height, the latter is taken as a valid value.
The guys that invented the system decided that the most beautiful trophy had to be relatively narrow.

A 220 cm bear is a 7 footer, as boarkiller wrote.
The 15 cm bear is either ... a teddybear or a misspelling for"boar", having tusks 6 inches long.

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
For mouflon 85cm is really good, anything above that would be huge.

For pigs 15 cm is an adult, 20cm is a nice shooter, above 23 is huge.

170 CIC is a good place to start for a stag.

If they use weight, 7kg for a Red is a nice representative adult probably low Bronze, 8-10 would be silver depending on the stag, and above 10 would be gold SCI.

Fallow are similar 2.5 is a respresentative, 3.5 is a nice one and 4 and up are huge. A 5kg fallow buck is a giant!

Roe bucks are similar but even lighter.

250 Grams is a basic 3x3 shooter, 450 grams is nice one, and anything over that is huge!

Asiatic Roe deer are basically double the weights!

Posts: 7768 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote