THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM EUROPEAN HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  European Big Game Hunting    Louis Theroux's African Hunting Adventure

Moderators: Pete E
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Louis Theroux's African Hunting Adventure
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted
Did anyone watch this last night?

As expected from the BBC there was a dsitinct angle on this even if he did allow minor moments of the positive arguments, they were never followed up.

For the first time I was really dissapointed by his attempt to look at something labelled as UN-PC, while I thought he was more open minded to some other less acceptable parts of society in the past.

I've had loads of people coming upto me at work today and asking me if that is whatI do as they don't really feel it is hunting as they imagine it. Now we have a whole raft of armchair experts on how african hunting is conducted... rifle shooting (and missing) a zebra off of a truck and out of a blind with a scoped crossbow.

Rgds,
FB

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Discussion going on over on the African forum...

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1411043/m/165109548

- albeit based on the article as opposed to the TV program.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 63
posted Hide Post
Over on a UK shooting forum, (that some of us know and love!) I am constantly astounded at the general attitude towards African hunting; many member behave exactly as they complain the "anti's" here complain towards them. They assume all African hunts are 'canned'; they object to hunting lions or zebra because they are "majestic"; and so forth. shocker

This is coming from fox shooters, rabbit shooters and deer stalkers! No wonder shooting is under fire. CRYBABY

On fenced game ranches; whilst I am not sure I'd be keen (although a lot would depend on how big it was!) surely there is an analogy with pheasant shooting, in moral terms?

Posts: 80 | Location: Chester | Registered: 07 February 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately the film did show aspects of the "Hunting" Industry / Culture that do exist in RSA. However, my first thoughts is that I did not see any hunting at all on the program.

It would be interesting to see the footage they filmed but left out of the final version.

Also, I wonder how the people filmed view the final version ie was it edited fairly to reflect their views and actions?

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote