Find
Notify
Tools

Rambouillet end of March
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted
I hope some of you intend to visit Rambouillet at the end of March for the annual hunting show. I posted on the Africa forum as well:

https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1411043/m/232107818

If there is any interest I would be willing to organize a dinner (or lunch) for those of you who will be present. Let me know.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
If anybody is not hunting with Fallow Buck on his stalking weekend let me know. There must be a couple of you out there that could fit in a day or two in Rambouillet. Jean Bernard de Runz has indicated he will show up. A couple more and we'll have critical mass.

AR, where the hopeless, hysterical hypochondriacs of history become the nattering nabobs of negativisim.

Posts: 7046 | Location: Rambouillet, France | Registered: 25 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
Gentlemen, as the dates approach, let me know if there is any interest in me organizing a cocktail at my place or a dinner in town. I look forward to seeing some of you again, and perhaps meet some new faces as well.

One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
At this point it looks like JB DeRunz will be in town, Bobby Van der Putten will be at the show, Edmond is in town so I assume he'll be at the show, and of course yours truly. Any other possibles?

one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
Any feedback?

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wink
posted Hide Post
The show was a good one this year. I had lunch with Jean-Bernard de Runz, Luc de Runz, Arnaud a French PH operating in Tanzania and the couple who hunted right after BillC in Cameroon (whose names I can't remember). It was a long and enjoyable lunch. We all straggled back to the convention floor and proceeded to lose track of each other in the crowd and I couldn't find JB. We'll have to wait for him to jump in here to find out if he made it out of the show in one piece. I also saw Bobby van der Putten briefly, but was unable to coordinate with JB for lunch and lost Bobby in the crowd.

I took delivery on my Waterbuck pedestal mount which was on display at the taxidermist's booth. Most of my time was devoted to chatting with the rifle makers like Chapuis and Pierre Artisan, between wine tastings of course. It was a tough job but someone had to do it.

one of us
Picture of Steve Malinverni
posted Hide Post
CRYBABY I was preparing my self to a shooting match managing as Range officer and solving problems at work during all the week end.

bye
Stefano
Waidmannsheil

Posts: 1653 | Location: Milano Italy | Registered: 04 July 2000Reply With Quote